FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
Hanalei Tiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-23 6:24 pm   Permalink

Aloha John,

PM'd you a couple of weeks ago ... sorry to hear you've been in an accident. Take care, God Bless.

View Profile of Hanalei Tiki Send a personal message to Hanalei Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-24 04:08 am   Permalink

Hope you heal fast, but don't rush it. Your bar will be waiting!

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-24 2:26 pm   Permalink

All the best for your recovery. We miss Hula Sue's updates!!

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-10 02:41 am   Permalink

Thank you all so much for the nice thoughts. I'm slowly feeling better but it's been a long (and painful) haul.

I have been able to mock-up the diorama I've been planning for outside the windows behind the bar.
It will have adjustable lighting to transition from Day/Sunset to nighttime with horizon glow and stars.

The water effect will be accomplished by rear projecting HD footage I shot from a high atop a cliff during a recent trip to Hawaii. The screen will be frosted plexiglass installed into the diorama in the shape of the body of water.
The projection from below will also help create the effect of reflected water ripples on the underside of the dock and wings of
the Boeing Clipper.

Sound effects of the shoreline, birds, etc. will come from speakers outside the window to help complete the effect.

[ This Message was edited by: mr. pupu pants 2011-03-15 16:15 ]

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-10 04:50 am   Permalink

Where do you get these ideas? This is fantastic. If the rest of your work is anything to go by, this will look amazing.

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2011-03-21 06:56 ]

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-10 05:53 am   Permalink

Sorry to hear you were in an accident but good to know you are on the road to recovery. Wow...you sure do conjure up some great ideas...looking forward to seeing those finished.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-10 08:02 am   Permalink

Damn! That's gonna look so cool!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-10 10:45 am   Permalink

That is going to be AWESOME John! I need to made a trip to WA

I am working on a project right now that requires a water effect on plexiglas, I just ordered an American DJ "Hydro" for $100. It projects a moving water light effect, check it out. 2 Similar units are the American DJ "H2O" and the Chauvet "Abyss"

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-10 2:26 pm   Permalink

Glad you're back, John. Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you're doing well, we definitely missed your posts.
Mahalo,
Rick

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ESP182
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-10 6:22 pm   Permalink

Hello Pupu

Mad props on your effort so far, and on what's coming down the pipe. Best for a speedy recovery for sure!! We are all cheering from parts north, south, east, west, and outer space!!

View Profile of ESP182 Send a personal message to ESP182      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-15 12:04 pm   Permalink

WOW !!!!! Another great addition and a very imaginative idea. Will love to see the finished effect. Glad your posting again and thanks for sharing your progress.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zog
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-16 4:21 pm   Permalink

So glad that you're back and feeling better, Mr. P! Your work on Hula Sue's is incredible. I can't wait to see some of your other themed rooms. Take it easy until you're feeling 100%! All my best.

View Profile of Zog Send a personal message to Zog  Goto the website of Zog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-16 5:38 pm   Permalink

Like what your thinking

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grand Kahu
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-17 09:06 am   Permalink

You work for the Mouse, don't you? Good grief man, you should, as your stuff is straight outta the best the Imagineers have going for them!

GK

Tied by my Mai Tai...

View Profile of Grand Kahu Send a personal message to Grand Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Mitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-18 08:39 am   Permalink

Another fantastic idea! I love it. You could charge admission when you finish this bar! The forced perspective will be an interesting challenge.
How deep will the diorama be? Your are fortunate to have some space to work with, most of us have our backs to the wall!

View Profile of Trader Mitch Send a personal message to Trader Mitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation