FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-23 11:21 am   Permalink

Hope you are doing well John! Hopefully you will surprise us one day with tons of new photos of the bar!

View Profile of Tiki-ESP Send a personal message to Tiki-ESP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-23 12:36 pm   Permalink

Ditto! You were the subject of much reverential comment at Hukilau 2012.

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-24 4:56 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much to all of you.
Your comments really lifted my spirits and made my day. For now, my medical situation remains the same but I have been slowly making some progress on Hula Sue's and will try to post some new information very soon. (I'm trying to gear up for a 'premiere' party for my brother's upcoming film, Madagascar 3, in June.)
Thank you all again for such truly kind words.
Take care
John

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-24 5:31 pm   Permalink

Hooray! Good to hear from you, John. Take care of yourself & please keep us updated on your wonderful room.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-24 5:45 pm   Permalink

Excellent to hear from you, and know that progress is, er, progressing...even at a slow pace.

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-24 6:31 pm   Permalink

John -

I was sharing this with some coworkers, and they were awestruck to say the least!

Happy thoughts on recovering to 100%!

Looking forward to your next post and update!

Mahalo and Aloha!

View Profile of Tiki-ESP Send a personal message to Tiki-ESP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GuayaTiki

Posted: 2012-04-26 9:41 pm   Permalink

Amazing work. Followed the thread back to the beginning. Love the concepting. When you are done with it (probably will never be officially complete) you should collect your sketches and images and create a little book to show your guests.

Speedy recovery and looking forward to seeing more!!!

View Profile of GuayaTiki Send a personal message to GuayaTiki  Goto the website of GuayaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-30 2:54 pm   Permalink

John, Glad to hear fro0m you, Hope things get better, cant wait to see the new pics!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pwest71
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-01 07:11 am   Permalink

Aloha John,

Great to hear from you, but not that things aren't progressing on your recovery as well as could be hoped. Please be sure to take care of yourself, many of us like to use your work for inspiration.

Malama Pono.

Paul

View Profile of pwest71 Send a personal message to pwest71      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KittyKat65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-03 07:26 am   Permalink

John, I am new to Tiki Central and have just spent 2 hours looking at this thread. First up, I hope you are feeling better. I am so sorry about your accident. Next I want to say that your photos and your room are the most amazing thing I have seen in a long time. Every photo of the progress is awe-inspring until you get to the next one. You are a creative genius. I am so looking forward to seeing more of your dream come to life on this thread.

Have fun at the Madagascar premier. My 8 year old son and I can't wait to see it. He keeps telling me "June 8th, mommy!!!" He is marking the days on a calendar.

Cheers!

Yasmine

View Profile of KittyKat65 Send a personal message to KittyKat65      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-14 10:35 am   Permalink

Hi John -

Just checking in to see if things are going well, and if you accomplished the goal of getting the bar done by the Madagascar 3 wrap/premiere party?

Cheers!

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-16 1:02 pm   Permalink

When you get "done" with your lounge John, you can easily charge admission for the tours. Looking forward to seeing more pics of your work. I am keeping my eyes on that airline seating as it is just totally genius!!! Along with your figurehead bamboo bar and mapped booth. Keep those pictures coming. Hope you are recovering well.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-16 4:19 pm   Permalink

Been awhile since I looked at this thread and seeing the updates. This room is such eye candy for a tikiphile. Excellent job Mr PuPu. Just dont forget to wash your pants D. JK! Aloha!!!!

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Tex
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-03 7:01 pm   Permalink

Sir Pupu pants,

Your postings have been an inspiration and a terrifying challenge to me! I simply cannot put into words what I'm sure everybody that has EVER looked at your thread feels. I wish you a full recovery, and congratulate you on an accomplishment that few (if any) could ever achieve, even if it never gets "finished." I can guarantee you that there isn't a single soul on these boards who would give their right coconut for what you've already done in your basement!

I will be starting my own build soon, and rest assured; I WILL steal a LOT of your ideas. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the inspiration!

Aloha,
Tiki Tex

View Profile of Tiki Tex Send a personal message to Tiki Tex  Email Tiki Tex     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-29 5:41 pm   Permalink

Keeping hope alive that this bar finally got completed?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation