FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
forgotten tikiman
Deleted

Posted: 2013-03-14 9:37 pm   Permalink

Mr PuPu Pants . That bird looks awesome!!! Glad to hear from you again. Cant wait to see the completed work of Hula Sues. One of my favorit home bars on here

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-15 2:20 pm   Permalink

Cool to see you back, cool to see your bird improvement! Keep at it, my friend...

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-15 3:53 pm   Permalink

Welcome back Mr. Pupupants! Great work on the stand. Looking forward to seeing what you'll do next, I'm sure it will be amazing, as always.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-15 9:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-14 20:29, Mr. Pupu Pants wrote:
I've been back at work in the bar...

This is the best news in a long, long time.

I never felt it proper to comment, regarding your injuries, but I have thought
about you many, many times and sent you my very best wishes, in my own small way.

Best of luck Mr. Pupu Pants!!

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-15 9:55 pm   Permalink

Yes indeed...nothing like a Tiki project at home to keep you motivated in life. Jose looks maaahvulus. Recovery from accidents is a struggle, but you can do it and everyone is rooting for you. Like they say "when life gives you lemons, make lemoncello!!!"

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-18 12:18 am   Permalink

Thanks so much Guys. Always makes me feel better to visit Tiki Central.

UPDATE: it sold on eBay today for $338. To be honest - a bit disappointing. The last two or three of these I saw sell on eBay went in the $500 -$700 range -- And none of those came with any extras. Dang. My fault - should have had a reserve.

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-18 06:15 am   Permalink

If life gives you lemons, throw them at passing cars!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-14 3:18 pm   Permalink

You guys are the best

Here's that Nose art sign I was talking about. Not sure where it will hang yet. Possibly on the Ceiling above the bar.
I'll be posting more stuff very soon.

FYI - I'm selling some extra stuff on eBay throughout this week if any of you are interested (Mostly Hawaiiana stuff)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/starlitepark/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

XOXO

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-14 3:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-04-14 15:18, Mr. Pupu Pants wrote:
Here's that Nose art sign I was talking about. Not sure where it will hang yet. Possibly on the Ceiling above the bar.

Oooh...that reminds me of a company back in the (cough!) 80s that would customize leather fighter & bomber jackets with the Nose Art of your choice. I remember it was brutally expensive, $400 or so back when that was real money. But it'd be excellent to have!

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimbo020
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-21 5:14 pm   Permalink

John, I love looking back at all the pics. I always spot something new! Awesome work, hope you are doing well.

View Profile of jimbo020 Send a personal message to jimbo020      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikifrog
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-21 10:47 pm   Permalink

What a wonderful source of inspiration!

View Profile of Tikifrog Send a personal message to Tikifrog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-24 12:34 pm   Permalink

well its good to see you back and working on that wonderful space! we missed you!!!

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-29 02:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-14 20:29, Mr. Pupu Pants wrote:
Hello my friends!
I sure have missed you guys One way or another, Hula Sue's shall be 'completed'. I can't thank you enough for all the words of support. It seriously means a lot. I've been back at work in the bar and finishing up some projects. One of the projects is a custom base for my Enchanted Tiki Room bird statue. The base that comes with it is pretty basic and contemporary looking and not very Tiki Room-like. (I never understood why they mounted such an amazingly cool statue on something so plain.
To jazz it up a bit I built a small crate that covers the base and added a bamboo pole to cover the black support rod. I also made a shell nameplate like the one Jose has in Disneyland. Somehow, I ended up with two of these birds -- so I made custom bases for both.

I've decided to keep only one of the birds so I actually put the other one with it's new custom extra base up for auction on eBay if any of you are interested.
Here's what it looks like:

and here's the link to the one on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DISNEYLAND-Enchanted-Tiki-Room-Barker-Bird-Big-Figurine-EXTREMELY-RARE/221201608684?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=012&category=1375&cmd=ViewItem

I have more to post very soon. You guys are the best. Thanks again

[ This Message was edited by: mr. pupu pants 2013-03-14 23:54 ]

That is one beautiful bird! And your stand has such a professionally made look to it.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy Yeti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-25 11:39 am   Permalink

WOW, what an amazing build. This is so inspirational to me. Thank you so much John,
All the best in your recovery.
Jeff

View Profile of Tipsy Yeti Send a personal message to Tipsy Yeti  Email Tipsy Yeti Goto the website of Tipsy Yeti     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stormrider
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-02 11:04 am   Permalink

I just read through the entire thread. Beautiful work. The lighting so far is incredible as is level of detail. Amazing

Storm

View Profile of stormrider Send a personal message to stormrider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation