FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Hula Sue's South Seas Hideaway
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-21 04:54 am   Permalink

I love the two-tone bamboo, the map is VERY nice, and table. Mr. PuPu, the two-tone wall with the different diameters of bamboo look too nice to just be a home bar - way too nice, too professionally designed. This bar is gonna be something extra special.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-21 06:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-20 12:22, Mr. Pupu Pants wrote:
Thanks very much Junglero, you made my day. I know I'm no Bamboo Ben but when you share stuff, you kinda hope people notice. You are the only feedback/reply I've had in over three months.
I'll probably be posting more updated pics very soon (I've been busy working on it). Thanks again for the encouragement. I really appreciate it.
Aloha and Mahalo,
John

PuPu,

Your room rocks!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-21 11:21 am   Permalink

Some real love going into this project.

Beautiful work and some top notch craftsmanship PuPu!

Looks like fun!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungalero
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-23 07:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-10-20 12:22, Mr. Pupu Pants wrote:
Thanks very much Junglero, you made my day. I know I'm no Bamboo Ben but when you share stuff, you kinda hope people notice. You are the only feedback/reply I've had in over three months.
I'll probably be posting more updated pics very soon (I've been busy working on it). Thanks again for the encouragement. I really appreciate it.
Aloha and Mahalo,
John

I appreciate the appreciation!

Slightly off topic, but will there be any Tiki featured in the new Madagascar film, a la the bar scene in the first movie?

Cheers,
J.

"I feel like Alan Ladd at Easter Island"

View Profile of Jungalero Send a personal message to Jungalero  Email Jungalero     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-23 4:12 pm   Permalink

My bother is up here in Seattle as part of a press tour leading up to the release of Madagascar 2. We had a Family and Friends screening of the movie at Pacific Place Mall. It's a GREAT movie (of course I'm biased) and in every way, it's better than the first one.
Not much Tiki to speak of but the Penguin that my brother voices (Skipper) falls in love with a dashboard Hula doll. Pretty funny.
This weekend, my wife and I are heading down to L.A. for the Hollywood premiere. Should be alot of fun.

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungalero
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-24 07:48 am   Permalink

Heh! That sounds funny, I'll look forward to seeing it when it makes it's way across the pond. The penguins are great characters. When I told my girlfriend your brother does the voice of Skipper, she freaked out a little bit (she loves the first movie): she said it's like six degrees of tiki separation!

Have a great weekend,
J.

"I feel like Alan Ladd at Easter Island"

View Profile of Jungalero Send a personal message to Jungalero  Email Jungalero     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-03 7:43 pm   Permalink

Any update? It looks great so far!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-03 8:35 pm   Permalink

PuPU, People are watching. I am from Tacoma and I know of the cool resturant off 38th St in the Lincoln District that you got your stock from. I am jealous in a big way. My buddy always told me of that Chinese place but I never went to check it out. Damn! I wish I had. Good luck on your cool pad. TT

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-08 12:05 am   Permalink

Looking fantastic!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-11 06:53 am   Permalink

Great job PuPu!!
I've been watching this for some time and just never posted.
Please show us more as you go.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-05 6:24 pm   Permalink

Hi Guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while (and thanks very much for the encouragement and feedback.
I'm currently working on the basement entrance to Hula Sue's and here is the pre-vis I came up with as a plan. The picture in the background is an old one but gives you an idea of the layout. The upper thatched portion of the entrance is actually angled (about 45 degrees) toward the viewer. I'm putting a 'hole' in it to reveal a 'magic hour', lit, false sky 'outside'with possibly a few stars or a moon. The columns are all carved and there will be bamboo railings (not seen) that terminate in 3' tall Tiki poles (as newell posts at the bottom of the steps. This is all well underway and I'll post some actual pictures very soon (I promise).
Hope you're all having a great New Year,
John

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Pupu Pants 2009-01-05 18:30 ]

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-06 3:13 pm   Permalink

We need more pics!!!!!!!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungalero
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-07 07:51 am   Permalink

Looking very cool! Can't wait to see the real thing.

J.

Danno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-07 6:42 pm   Permalink

AWESOME!! Great job, Mr. Pupu Pants. You have amazing talent!

View Profile of Danno Send a personal message to Danno      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-13 4:25 pm   Permalink

I MUST one day experience the MOOD of this place.

I hafta figure out a way to see it in person when it's done.

Are you gonna give tours to TCers?

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation