[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Diplomatico rum
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Diplomatico rum
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-13 6:38 pm   Permalink

Not very Dimplomatic of you both. Why an I thinking of the Wizard of Oz? Hmmm?

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-08 8:36 pm   Permalink

Reviving this thread because I've been hearing good things about this rum, and thought it deserved another look.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-08 8:58 pm   Permalink

Get some! It's my favorite (but I keep checking just in case.) Delicious.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 22 days ago; 3:25 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know if the Reserva is being discontinued? One of my local box stores has had it on sale for $15 for months now and I just looked on Diplomatico's website and don't see the Reserva listed in their repertoire. In it's place is one called Mantuano. The orange on the label gives me hope that this is just a new branding for the same sauce and maybe the discounted price is to exhaust the old stock before the new label hits. Anyone in the know? I've been getting a lot of bang for the buck with this stuff lately and don't want to one day find it's out of production.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 22 days ago; 5:37 pm   Permalink

I believe the Mantuano is similar to the Reserva, but not identical. It's a newer version of it. I was able to taste it recently but not side-by-side with the Reserva (which I don't have very often anyway) so couldn't get a real clear sense of the difference. If you love the Reserva I'd say for $15, why not stock up?

I just did a quick search and found this article about it:

http://thefatrumpirate.com/diplomatico-mantuano

Hopefully someone with more details will chime in.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 21 days ago; 09:52 am   Permalink

Thanks for the link Bama. As the article states, it's a light and approachable rum. While his negative critique seems solely based on it's merits as a sipper, I use it as the base for a cocktail I created that's always a crowd pleaser. So I'm happy to bulk up on the old bottles while I can at $15 a pop until the new label arrives and presumably the price will jump back up to the normal $25 around here.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation