FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Hukilau - We need a hotel room!
Hukilau - We need a hotel room!
kosmotiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-08 4:25 pm   Permalink

Just got the time-off request approved at my job and we're coming to The Hukilau from San Francisco. I see that the two main hotels (The Clipper and the Bahia) are sold out. The Best Western is kind of a hike and we don't want to rent a car. Google Maps says there are other hotels close by the Clipper, so I'm going to try and get a room in one of those places - are any other hotels nearby offering the Hukilau $88 rate?

Or ... does anyone have a room that they need to cancel?

Many thanks!

View Profile of kosmotiki Send a personal message to kosmotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pomaika i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-09 09:33 am   Permalink

Do you want to stay near the Clipper or the Mai Kai?

La Quinta is close to the Mai Kai and only $68/night.

View Profile of Pomaika i Send a personal message to Pomaika i      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kosmotiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-09 09:35 am   Permalink

I'd prefer to stay near the Clipper.

View Profile of kosmotiki Send a personal message to kosmotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kosmotiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-09 10:59 am   Permalink

OK, I called the Clipper - the $88 group rate is sold out but they had a couple rooms available for $129, so I grabbed one.

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-09 11:24 am   Permalink

Everyone - this is a mystery to me. After being told and guaranteed that the hotel is sold out the Clipper is still booking rooms. I just called and they are checking on things for me.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kosmotiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-09 11:26 am   Permalink

I don't know how hotels work, but I think they set aside a "block" of a certain number of rooms at the $88 rate. Anyway - if you can convince them to give me the Hukilau rate - great! If not, no worries.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation