FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts I am painting in RUM..so I can drink my brush cleaner!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
I am painting in RUM..so I can drink my brush cleaner!!!!
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-13 12:49 am   Permalink

Nice "rum-doodles".

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 08:12 am   Permalink

Great idea Thor and the pieces look just as great, pretty incredible and to think it' Rum! I'm afraid if it were me painting I would be constantly Out of ink since once you get started sipping that fine stuff it's hard to stop. I Really have to visit this side of "Creating" more often, it was nice seeing your post!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 08:27 am   Permalink

those are great thor. can't wait to see them in person.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-15 4:31 pm   Permalink

HEY BENZ and Pdrake!!

Benz... Don't think I don't have the same problem with drinking some of my "ink".... But at least I am not disgusted anymore when I accidently drink from my Brush rinse cup. Hope all is well in the carving world!!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-16 05:33 am   Permalink

I agree with Robb...very retro sepia looking. Beautiful work and the mermaid is awesome.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-31 7:55 pm   Permalink

WOW!!!
These are GREAT Tom! I remember seeing some of them in the Waikiki STOR a couple years back and wish we had come back to the Mainland with one or two or a few... Got any left?!? They are are like John Severson's lil pen/ink wash surf sketches although I think he is using chum ( being the surf demigawd he is) instead of rum.

Sure do LOVE LOVE LOVE our Hookah Lau Bubble Bar and Viva Lava Diva originals!

Will we see ya in The Wreck Bar for Hukilau...?

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-04 07:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-12 14:55, THOR's wrote:
YES!! Several times!! But they are ok!! It's like having a tiny Tiki torch that needs to be extinguished is all. It doesn't hurt the fibers at all...
I am working on a fire eating routine as I paint!! lol I am hoping MArina can help me with that!!

!

Your Wahine with a Fin is in like Flynn!

Sea you next week!

~Marina~

View Profile of Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! Send a personal message to Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!  Goto the website of Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-17 11:23 am   Permalink

love it!

dont approve of wasting good dark rum...but the result is killer.

i hope to see it in person on da rock soon!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-18 11:27 am   Permalink

Wow, Bongofury was telling me about these Rum Paintings... nice job Thor! I also love the ritual of the fire! I love the richness of the golden color!

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-18 12:33 pm   Permalink

you Rock,Tom!
You produce so much work of such high quality....
and now this!
Thank you for pushing your talent and experimenting!
it's very inspiring!
I may be sending you a PM
as my new bongwater paintings
are lacking something....
and they smell funny!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 04:44 am   Permalink

HAAAAAAAaaaa Well Ken...maybe the bong water paintings just need a little blacklight and the right music to view them!! The smell goes away with time!! lol!! Man...I am looking forward to seeing you and the rest at Oasis soon.... Oh..and the Tiki Mag thing at the Tonga on the second if you are there!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation