FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Blue Tiki Gurl
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Blue Tiki Gurl
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-01 9:04 pm   Permalink

yea what he said except for the boobies part.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
octopussy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-02 04:45 am   Permalink

I could add more boobies but I don't think that species is indigenous to rain forest areas .......

Oh you mean those boobies! :

Thanks Sophista-tiki!

View Profile of octopussy Send a personal message to octopussy  Goto the website of octopussy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
octopussy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-03 4:01 pm   Permalink

Here's the next update. I was able to get the people looking more like people and added one more wahine.

Here's an overall pic:

and here are some close ups. We're keeping it G as we still have youngins in the house, and other families just don't understand nudity. But hey they'll still be making paint once they're grown up!

next - finish up the people, add some vines, a flying bird and a tiki.

comments and critique welcome,

Thanks for looking.

View Profile of octopussy Send a personal message to octopussy  Goto the website of octopussy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-03 4:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-03 16:01, octopussy wrote:

GROG think you should finish up the peolpe, add a flying bird, and maybe a tiki.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 4:38 pm   Permalink

so nicely done. I love the directional splashing of the water fall. I wanna go there

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-03 4:39 pm   Permalink

And maybe a vine or two.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 5:40 pm   Permalink

and a crock -o- stimpy just kidding

ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 5:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-03 17:40, Sophista-tiki wrote:

awesome!

Anyhow, love the progress so far!

you should definitely try and squeeze in some nice bright lil colors here and there...I think it'd be even prettier

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
octopussy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-05 06:20 am   Permalink

I found a bird! and it's not a boobie (sorry GMAN) it's a toucan.

So birds and vines to be worked on today and yes I'm thinking some more color, good idea Raveene.

Quote:

This newbie was wondering what a croc-o-stimpy is oh mighty Grand Member Sophista-tiki?

GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 06:41 am   Permalink

crocostimpy

-G$

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 07:05 am   Permalink

crock-o-stimpy has nothing to do with tiki. it was the first thing thatpopped into my head. I couldnt help myself. my 12yr old self is showing!

Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-05 08:48 am   Permalink

I actually really like it the way it is. I don't think it needs a bird or a tiki(yeah, I said it). Some vines would be a nice touch, but the color and composition are there. Great work.

Quote:

On 2008-06-03 16:01, octopussy wrote:
Here's the next update. I was able to get the people looking more like people and added one more wahine.

Here's an overall pic:

and here are some close ups. We're keeping it G as we still have youngins in the house, and other families just don't understand nudity. But hey they'll still be making paint once they're grown up!

next - finish up the people, add some vines, a flying bird and a tiki.

Thanks for looking.

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
octopussy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-06 08:52 am   Permalink

Hi all and thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Well I think I've completed it, for now, till I want to change it again, no I'll sign it and be done, OK here it is....

and some close ups. I added a bird to fill in the blank spot of the upper falls, added some little flowers for a little color and finished up the wahine in the falls.

[

I left out the tiki. I had planned on making the log under the left side waterfall a tiki but there was too much going on. OH said we've got plenty of other tikis around the house. He's right . Maybe we will have Mr and Mrs Mai Kai flank it!

Well thanks for looking.

O

[ This Message was edited by: octopussy 2008-06-06 08:54 ]

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-07 9:37 pm   Permalink

Beautiful! I'm not an artist so I don't know how paintings "evolve", it was nice seeing all the steps from sketch to completion. I understand the need for modesty. Don't get me wrong - I like breasts as much as the next guy (even more than some guys ), but what good is a painting or sculpture if you have to hide it in the basement for fear that your nephew might show up?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-07 10:46 pm   Permalink

I love that painting AND I love half naked wahines in waterfalls....

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation