FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Blue Tiki Gurl
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Blue Tiki Gurl
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-08 02:51 am   Permalink

very nicely done.. I like it just the way it is. theres enough going on in the foliage and rocks, with moss, leaf details, etc. I stil wanna go there. I think its got a real vintage feel to it too. Dawn

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bgizzy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-08 7:22 pm   Permalink

Great painting. I just want to dive in!

View Profile of bgizzy Send a personal message to bgizzy  Goto the website of bgizzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
octopussy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-09 1:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks MadDogMike and Mr. Gambino,
I enjoy painting the human figure in it's natural form (Not that I enjoy the half naked wahine's like you guys do!)but ... I live in the wrong place - to mid west here so I'm glad you guys don't mind them somewhat clothed.

Thanks Dawn and bgizzy, I visit there in my mind. I think it's my new happy place!

thanks for looking

-o

View Profile of octopussy Send a personal message to octopussy  Goto the website of octopussy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blowfish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-09 2:10 pm   Permalink

Nice! Please send that to my home address immediately!

View Profile of Blowfish Send a personal message to Blowfish  Email Blowfish Goto the website of Blowfish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
octopussy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-10 04:47 am   Permalink

Quote:
Nice! Please send that to my home address immediately!

Hehe, thanks, well hubby would be a bit miffed! You'll need to sort it out with him.

View Profile of octopussy Send a personal message to octopussy  Goto the website of octopussy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
octopussy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-23 06:34 am   Permalink

Here goes another try. This time she'll have a face and two hands! And yes GMAN there are bobbies...

Here's the sketch of the mermaid. I couldn't find any reference photos so I grabbed an art model book and some imagination and went to work.

Here's the start with the oil paints and the next few stops along the way. And yes I know your not supposed to put things on corals cause it can kill them - I'll let the mermaid know next time I see her -or maybe I'll paint a nice grassy spot around the treasure chest...

octopussy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-25 7:37 pm   Permalink

I got some more time to work on her today.

I'm planning on doing a wash over her skin either of blue or purple - haven't decided yet - any suggestions? I also got some corals in and worked on the octopus. Now I get to wait again for the oil to dry...

O

TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 8:58 pm   Permalink

Great composition on the waterfall painting. I think blue wash over the mermaid, perhaps to simulate reflected water would be cool.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMango 2008-07-25 20:59 ]

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
octopussy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-26 06:41 am   Permalink

Thanks TikiMango, with any luck she'll turn a bit blue today...in a good way I hope.

O

tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-26 2:19 pm   Permalink

Love your Mermaid very kool , im workin on a Life size one right now . KEEP ROCKIN.

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
octopussy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-27 6:18 pm   Permalink

Hey Tyger Jymmy, thanks. Just checked out some of your kool stuff too - awesome. Have you posted your mermaid?

Here's the newest update. I'm still working on her hands and started on her face, worked on the torso some more so I'll have to wait till it's dry to add a tint. I'm liking the octopus so I think it's done. And I keep messing with the coral.

thanks for looking
O

[ This Message was edited by: octopussy 2008-07-27 18:20 ]

octopussy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-31 06:11 am   Permalink

and the next update:

and a close up of her face:

octopussy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-19 06:26 am   Permalink

Took a little time on other projects but now she's finished.

C & C welcome.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-19 07:13 am   Permalink

This one's been hiding for a while. I like the tentacle wrapped around the finger, almost like Michelangelo's "Creation of Adam" in the Sistine Chapel. The coral turned out great and the shadows on the octopus head. Decided not to go with scales on the mermaid body?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
octopussy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-24 06:44 am   Permalink

Thanks Mad Dog, good old Michelangelo would probably roll over in his grave... he he. She does have scales you just can't see them from where your at, you have to get very very close...
actually the scales weren't coming out right then I realized if you saw a fish from that distance you probably wouldn't see the scales either.

thanks for looking!

O

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation