FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Portland Museum Of Velvet Paintings?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Portland Museum Of Velvet Paintings?
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-18 10:58 pm   Permalink

Where did I see this? Shiste. Anybody know anything about it?
Just found it here.
http://www.velveteria.com/index2.htm

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2008-05-18 23:04 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-18 11:58 pm   Permalink

maybe here : http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=18663&forum=1&hilite=velvet%20museum

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-19 12:03 am   Permalink

GROG has been wanting to get their book since it first came out, but haven't put any serious effort into getting one yet. But, GROG still planning on adding it to GROG' library.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 01:20 am   Permalink

There has just been an article on this place in the last issue of Nude Magazine

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 2:50 pm   Permalink

This place, Velveteria, isn't too far from my house. I went to the unveiling they had of their new book earlier this month at Powell's City of Books. Through the end of this month they have many of their velvet paintings on display in the gallery upstairs. I recommend going to check it out. Lots of tropical ones! The book is a must. So is a trip to the museum.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Kupcake 2008-05-20 14:52 ]

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 2:57 pm   Permalink

Welcome to TC Kupcake!!
Thanks for your input.
Not too many Polynesian styles on the website. If you get a chance takes some pics and postem here.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2008-05-20 14:58 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 3:07 pm   Permalink

Holy Moly, I just bought the last hardcover "Black Velvet Masterpieces", whew!

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2008-05-20 15:07 ]

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 2:54 pm   Permalink

Hey, I really like these guys. I've talked to them a couple of times after they bought one of my paintings for their museum. They seem really great.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 8:02 pm   Permalink

Black Velvet Masterpieces is a great book filled with velvet paintings and the history of artists with contemporary masters highlighted with great narratives.

Nice cover with velvet finish.

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 9:03 pm   Permalink

hmmm, they made more pretty fast, and bumped the price from 19.95 to 24.95

Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 5:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-20 14:57, Jungle Trader wrote:
Welcome to TC Kupcake!!
Thanks for your input.
Not too many Polynesian styles on the website. If you get a chance takes some pics and postem here.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2008-05-20 14:58 ]

Thanks for the welcome. Here are the pictures I took at the unveiling.

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 6:43 pm   Permalink

These guys are very cool. I haven't been there yet, but one of my velvets will be in their collection next month! I'll post it here when it's done, but you'll have to visit the Velveteria to see the original.
-Heather

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-27 4:11 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tiki Kupcake for the pics, they don't have much at all on their site. I can't wait to see their book.

This is a small (16x20) velvet of mine they have on their Polynesian wall:

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-27 4:56 pm   Permalink

Received my book today. Isn't she a beauty! There's 2 pages inside dedicated "How to Paint a Masterpiece".
Burke Tyree is in there of course. He graduated from Turlock High School in 1939, right here where I built my jungle habitat. I wonder if Turlock has recognized the great painter that he was. Here's one of his oil's I recently acquired.
Anyway, beautiful book, I love it.

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 11:07 am   Permalink

Jungle Trader - great piece, looks like a heavily hand-colored photo!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation