FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Oceanside Chop Saturday June 21st....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Oceanside Chop Saturday June 21st....
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-20 1:03 pm   Permalink

In, Out.... Who's coming? My parents need to know how much musubi to make. Looks like we've got
Clysdale
Kate
CheekyGirl
Buzzy
Bill
buzzard
Bowana
Skinny Dog
geedavee

Anyone else??

[ This Message was edited by: mieko 2008-06-20 13:42 ]

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-20 1:43 pm   Permalink

IN!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-20 2:07 pm   Permalink

Like flynn.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-20 2:20 pm   Permalink

I'll be bringing the Kahlua pork again.

And Mieko, Clysdale's coming. I think we're going to need a lot of musubi.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-20 2:52 pm   Permalink

what is that supposed to mean

yahooooo...can't wait to finally tear into some logs!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-20 3:59 pm   Permalink

I think we are no longer in. Just got a big rush Disney project. Will let you know if it changes. I am so bummed!

Jen

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-20 4:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-20 15:59, Skinny Dog wrote:
I think we are no longer in. Just got a big rush Disney project. Will let you know if it changes. I am so bummed!

This is only acceptable if the Disney stuff you are doing is Tiki Room stuff.
And if you promise to bring that dip/salsa like stuff (what did you call it?) next time.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-20 4:43 pm   Permalink

It's going to be 107 degrees in the Valley tomorrow. I'm sooooo glad I will be at the Chop!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-20 8:11 pm   Permalink

I will be there. Looking forward to it.

Any suggestions on what kind of food to bring?

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-20 8:45 pm   Permalink

Dave, bring anything you like, that's not on this list : Nelva's bringing kahlua pork, Mieko's got spam musubi, we have turkey burgers for the grill, mac salad, cupcakes, mango lime and coconut popsicles, and kava iced tea.

You good on directions?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cannibal Sam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-20 10:13 pm   Permalink

better late than never, pops and i are in oh and i cant forget the tamales. its been a while i had carpal tunnel surgery so ive been on the dl, cant wait to chop docs says im a ok to go full duty.

View Profile of Cannibal Sam Send a personal message to Cannibal Sam  Email Cannibal Sam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-21 11:53 am   Permalink

Boy am I sitting here having a pity party for myself, knowing that all of you are at Bill and Lennie's awesome place, carving, eating yummy food, verbally abusing each other! This sucks!

No, Meiko, I am not actually working on Enchanted Tiki Room things, they are done for now and the event is tomorrow at Disneyland. Whose going? We are to see our LE pieces, the brass ones won't be there for a while.

Can't wait til the next chop, I have a Neptune Salad I'll bring which you guys will love.

Chop a few for me!

Jen

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-21 8:36 pm   Permalink

Whew! A hot one today, eh kids? Another fab Chop at 4WD's Ponderosa.

We'll begin this steaming tale with a shot of 4 Wheeler himself, banging away at yet another. You should really slow done a bit, Bill. You're making some of us look bad.

Clysdalle thinking hard about the correct way to hold a pencil.

Cyndi giving it all she's got.

Geedavee making progrees.

Cannibal Sam chopping the good chop.

We'll check back with these guys later. Let's see wassup in the Sittin' Down Zone.

Huh? Cupcakes with candles stuck in 'em? More on this later.

Cheekygirl prepping her post cover carving. Did Lennie just tell you something naughty?

Kate working on her Aloha Jhoe's relief in a stunning matching top and gloves ensemble.

Cannibal Pops Alex putting his Father's Day gifts to the test.

Mieko trying a new medium. Avocado pit. That girl will carve anything!

This is my project for the day. A bas relief Moai carved from AAC.

Buzzy just back from 3 weeks of time travel.

He has seen the future and the future was him stealing my AAC Moai relief carving idea. Fulfill your destiny, Buzz!

Musubi Mom's concrete Tiki carving from her special concoction.

No slacking here, folks.

But wait! Put your tools down! Holy smokes, it's 4 Wheeler's birthday! (yesterday actually if you really want to split hairs) Happy birthday, Bill! Isn't is great to be 25 again?

Hey everybody! Look at me! I'm Bowana! I carve like a Robot! Howdy, howdy, howdy!
Hey...wait a minute! Get back to work you knuckleheads!

Geedavee's now sees the light.

4WD's bumps and grinds.

Cyndi getting those pearly whites nice and purdy.

Clysdalle reminiscing about how they used to use telephones in the old days...

...while at the same time managing to produce a shnozzola on his Tiki.

Sam rockin' steady.

Lookin' sweet!

Carve Or Keep Walking!

Say something, Ringo!
"Sumpthin"

Back out of the heat in the sittin' zone, it appears that Cheeky is making some good progress.

Only 7 more just like that, right?

The Clysenstein begins to emerge.

Another 4Wheeler about to be finished in record time.
Foot placement ©GMAN All rights reserved.

Chop's over, folks! Grab yer Tikis and run!

Thanks for hosting yet another great Chop, Bill and Lennie. Always a large time.

Bowana

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 08:33 am   Permalink

Yes! Had a great time. Once again, thanks to our wonderful hosts!

This time clean up was a breeze -- no heavy log to lug. The "post cover" form my tiki bar is coming along. I progress I made really amp'd me up. I finished it while watching the boob-tube. I whipped out my dremel tool. It was good for deepening the initial lines. I think a router might be in order -- since I have 7 more to go!

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 09:44 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday Bill!
hope to make the next one....
you guys have TOO MUCH FUN!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation