FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Los Angeles Home Bar Tour
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Los Angeles Home Bar Tour
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 2:15 pm   Permalink

Murph...depending on when it's gonna be....I think I'll have mine up and running in October. It won't be perfect, but it will be functioning!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-04 4:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-04 14:15, CheekyGirl wrote:
Murph...depending on when it's gonna be....I think I'll have mine up and running in October. It won't be perfect, but it will be functioning!

Hi CheekyGirl,
I'm shooting for the end of July/early August so you might not be ready by then but we need plenty of tour crawlers attending to make this work!
As a side, if anyone wants to volunteer any mad skills that they think can help with the tour please let me know.

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 6:44 pm   Permalink

Murph -- I've got MAD organizational Skills, I'm willing to assist!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 8:07 pm   Permalink

Well, my home tiki bar is more of a Tiki podium, but I do have mad drinking skills! Sign us up for two crawlers - this is perfect timing as we are thinking of moving, and I need ideas for a home tiki lounge! Thanks!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 9:34 pm   Permalink

I am in, (crawler). I speak several languages, I can translate?!?

[ This Message was edited by: hiltiki 2008-06-04 21:36 ]

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 08:38 am   Permalink

Sounds great to me. I just need the exact date to make sure the Mrs and myself are available.

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sparkle Mark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 9:45 pm   Permalink

As my better half said, after participating in Portland's NW Tiki Crawl we're hooked.

There's nothing so thrilling as having a bus-load of 60 friends and strangers arrive at once and trying to get them all beveraged up within the first 5 minutes. I've perfected my recipe for Mai-Tai's for 60. So we'd be pleased to open our bar to the home tour in LA. Let us know the dates and we will confirm our availability.

View Profile of Sparkle Mark Send a personal message to Sparkle Mark  Goto the website of Sparkle Mark     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 11:30 pm   Permalink

OMG, this is the first time since I have been on TC that someone from SFV is having a home tour. I am sure Cheeky Girl will be thrilled also. How fun!

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sparkle Mark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-08 7:20 pm   Permalink

M'kay, so how many folks are interested in attending a home bar tour in LA?

How many home bars do we have in the valley? West side? Orange County?

With gas heading over $5/gal we will need some cost effective tranportation.
Perhaps Cruzan white Rum could be used to fuel a tourbus....or maybe that's what bacardi is for, it may be cheaper soon

Best
Mark

View Profile of Sparkle Mark Send a personal message to Sparkle Mark  Goto the website of Sparkle Mark     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-09 6:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-05 23:30, hiltiki wrote:
OMG, this is the first time since I have been on TC that someone from SFV is having a home tour. I am sure Cheeky Girl will be thrilled also. How fun!

Yes, I'm tickled Cheeky!

Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-10 1:21 pm   Permalink

OK! This looks like it is going to be for real!!
Several of you have come on board to help (all with excellent ideas) Thanks!
And several bar owners have expressed a desire to participate. Double Thanks!

We've got a few details to work out so stay tuned!

Still room for home bars and organizational help
so if you would like to be part of
the First Annual LA Tiki Home Bar Tour committee
(will look great on your resume if you plan on running for political office)
send me a PM.

Mahalo,
Murph

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-14 3:07 pm   Permalink

Just got back with a car full of bamboo from Oceanic Arts and we are getting to work!!

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-17 9:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-14 15:07, sparklegem wrote:
Just got back with a car full of bamboo from Oceanic Arts and we are getting to work!!

Ok, It's been 3 days is the bar done? Pictures?

WaikikiWomb

Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-20 12:13 pm   Permalink

Here! Wish my bar would have been completed by then but, I'm not gonna make the deadline. I do want to be included in the crawl. Count me in!!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bothellbill
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-20 5:03 pm   Permalink

Let me know when so I can buy plane tix from Seattle!

View Profile of bothellbill Send a personal message to bothellbill  Email bothellbill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation