FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Our Newest Score: Ed Langbein Coconut Server
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Our Newest Score: Ed Langbein Coconut Server
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-04-02 7:45 pm   Permalink

Beautiful! I'll try to find out more about this mysterious manufacturer...

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-31 12:50 pm   Permalink

**I should have put this in Marketplace.**
There is a seller on Ebay that has quite a few of the Langbein coconuts and other fruits up for auction. They weigh a lot and shipping is expensive. He's got some cool Mid Century furniture up for auction too if you live close to Omaha or you can afford the shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/acidstamp/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-ED-LANGBEIN-Italian-Pottery-COCONUT-Serving-Bowl-x4-Tiki-Hawaiian-EX-/200910712855?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec7363017#ht_13292wt_917

[ This Message was edited by: tikilongbeach 2013-03-31 12:57 ]

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-01 09:06 am   Permalink

Home, James! did their own version for OneKingsLane.com last year. I was fortunate to score 8 of them, and a large bowl for a song compared to what they sold for.

The large bowl is 10x7", the cups are 6x3"

They can still be found on ebay, ocasionally, and I can't recommend them enough. Not as cool as mid-century Italian, but easier to find. Also, they're a bit darker than the photo lets on.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-01 09:09 am   Permalink

Very cool

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation