FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Is This The Elusive Cobra's Fang Mug?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Is This The Elusive Cobra's Fang Mug?
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-09 3:10 pm   Permalink

I stopped around $300.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cavemoai
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-03 7:12 pm   Permalink

Picked this guy up today. It looks like the one from Tiki-Ti. I think the $.99 I spent on it was a pretty swingin' deal! Vegas has been pretty good to me with Tiki stuff so far.

It says Vermonde Orig on the bottom.

I've seen some of the Don The Beachcomber bust mugs with the same marking. Could this mug have been used at Don's? Here is a picture of the drink from a menu I have from the Las Vegas location from the late 60's. No cobra mug in the pic, but maybe early on they served them in cobra mugs...just speculation.

View Profile of Cavemoai Send a personal message to Cavemoai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tattoo
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-03 9:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

It says Vermonde Orig on the bottom.

I've seen some of the Don The Beachcomber bust mugs with the same marking. Could this mug have been used at Don's? Here is a picture of the drink from a menu I have from the Las Vegas location from the late 60's. No cobra mug in the pic, but maybe early on they served them in cobra mugs...just speculation.

WOW!!! Yes, I have seen that mug at the Tiki Ti - or at least on their video loop for the Cobra Fang mug. The Vermonde mark for sure matches the Don the Beachcomber bust mug and the elusive Bamboo mug.

So yes, I have to agree with you that this is most likely the Don the Beachcomber Cobra Fang mug. And it makes sense that the Tiki Ti would have one since Ray Buhen used to work for Don the Beachcomber. Awesome find and congrats.

View Profile of Tattoo Send a personal message to Tattoo  Email Tattoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cavemoai
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-04 9:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-08-03 21:51, Tattoo wrote:

So yes, I have to agree with you that this is most likely the Don the Beachcomber Cobra Fang mug. And it makes sense that the Tiki Ti would have one since Ray Buhen used to work for Don the Beachcomber. Awesome find and congrats.

Thanks Tattoo! I knew I had seen it somewhere. It was really funny when I read your response to my better half. You should have seen the look on her face. My giddiness over finding the mug was plenty well justified.

View Profile of Cavemoai Send a personal message to Cavemoai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation