FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Ft lauderdale friday the 13th FREE BLOCK AFTERPARTY!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Ft lauderdale friday the 13th FREE BLOCK AFTERPARTY!
kreepytiki lounge & tattoos
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-02 8:38 pm   Permalink

Friday night, June 13th 2008 we will be having a FREE after hours block party featuring authentic Polynesian performers and Legendary Mai Kai entertainers where you can meet personalities of Pop Tiki Royalty including the face of the Mai Kai for the past 30 years, the lovely Kainoa! Direct from Tahiti, the man responsible for bringing the initial group of entertainers to the famous Mai Kai, Toti will be present with two of his re-released CD recordings of Tahitian music available for purchase! Also in attendance, Mai Kai's very first Fireknife Dancer, Chief Faalia, who will be sharing vintage photos and stories of days of old at the Mai Kai. Former Dancer,current carver, fireknife dancer, and musician, Kabuki will be there showing and selling his artifacts and also performing! Steel guitar master, Ed Mayer to be delighting your ears with the heavenly sounds of his strings. and the beautiful Mapuana, also a former dancer and MC will share her aloha through song and dance.

So come out and enjoy the spirit of Aloha with us and meet, talk story, and experience a magical night with all these special guests and many more!!! being the first of 25 guests, you will receive a complimentary goodie bag! And you will be also entertained with live music, hula, and fireshow by Polynesian Proud Productions. Vendors and original art will be available to purchase and see on display at the Kreepytiki Lounge & tattoo! Outside you will be treated to a Hotrod/ kustom car & bike display by Russ G. Events and Orange County Choppers!

TIME: 10 PM - ??

2606 S. Federal Hwy
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl 33316
(954)463-3290

FREE PARKING AND ADMISSION!

DON'T MISS OUT!!

View Profile of kreepytiki lounge & tattoos Send a personal message to kreepytiki lounge & tattoos      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-02 8:44 pm   Permalink

Hmmm......

Sounds Awesome!

Will try to be there fo' sure!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2008-06-02 20:46 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-02 9:47 pm   Permalink

Wow,

A wee bit unethical don't you think ?

Tiki Kiliki busts her ass for an entire year planning Hukilau, spends money on advertising and entertainment, gets all the out of towners to fly in, and you throw and "afterparty" on the night of the main event, which is not actually AFTER at all...it's DURING the main event.

"Spirit of Aloha" ? Please....

That's really snakey man.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2008-06-02 21:51 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-03 06:05 am   Permalink

thanks B. Ben..Tiki yaki we dont plan or itend to steal anything from christie or the hukilau, i have been friends with both since the begining . I wrote christie an email about this prior and the intention is not to take anything or be shady as what we will do starts later after hukilau events are over for the night. we have a relatively new store in fort lauderdale and i cant make it out to hukilau like every other year but still want to do something . Its free im not making any money of any of it I just want to let everyone know that once you are done for the night you can have something else to do . if you dont want to make it out its ok also .

View Profile of kreepytiki lounge & tattoos Send a personal message to kreepytiki lounge & tattoos      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 06:07 am   Permalink

I gotta say, wow. I have been wanting to meet all these Mai Kai OG folks for ages. Toti and Faalia, etc. I'll be sure to be there.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 06:18 am   Permalink

When they say 10-???? they actually mean until about 5am.
Those guys don't stop until dawn and they always get a late start.

I think one year they got C'Al adjusted on absinthe.

Anyway - I doubt anyone is going to skip the main event to head to Federal until after.
So now there will be plenty of places to drift to afterwards - room parties - beach - tiki chopper shop.

I need to start catching up on my sleep today.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 06:35 am   Permalink

Jaksin,

I've sent 2 private messages to you. Can you please contact me asap?

Thanks

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 06:39 am   Permalink

Will the fresh Coconuts be there??

( laced with Monster & rum ??)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-03 07:23 am   Permalink

Christie i just checked my pm's and i have no messages from you. Swanky, I felt the same way when i heard about them from Talani and it sucks to not have a little thing for them . I can try and push it as far into the night as possible to not intervene with any Hukilau activities (we do party late). hell if i can steal away some time I will be in hukilau myself along with my brothers Loonatiki and Beon the extended Kreepy Family Tiki Squad..as for anything else, like i posted earlier it is not an attempt to steal away anything from the Hukilau, it is a free party. And with the help and ideas of putting this together of everyone involved: Ploynesian proud , Tiki Squad, OCC, ect we have been able to do this. it totally sucks that this will be the Last Hukilau and we want to do something special for everyone who wants to be there afterwards. as for anybody who isnt into it its ok too. we are not trying to make enemies with this,we just wanna honor those who played an important part in this tiki thing. as for anyone else who wants to start an argument or "internet war" about this save it , I dont fight Via a computer, you want to say something to me do it the ol fashion way in person im not really hard to find. thanks again .

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 07:33 am   Permalink

This sounds great. KreepyTiki is located directly next door to a bar, a couple custom bike shops, and a roller rink that host the roller derby. Should be an eclectic crowd including me. Perhaps some shuttles would be a good idea??

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 08:51 am   Permalink

How far is it between the Hukilau location and this party? Easy taxi ride?

I assume its not walking distance (what is in FLA?), which may be a problem since I'm sure as hell not going to be fit to drive before or after!

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 08:53 am   Permalink

I keep having shark nightmares.

Late night dips are freaking me out!!

So, this sounds like a great alternative!!!

See you's round midnight.

Gotta love the Energy that Hukilau brings!!

p.s. then back to the Cabana to rescue RugbyMatt around

4 a.m.........

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 09:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-03 06:05, kreepytiki lounge & tattoos wrote:
thanks B. Ben..Tiki yaki we dont plan or itend to steal anything from christie or the hukilau, i have been friends with both since the begining . I wrote christie an email about this prior and the intention is not to take anything or be shady as what we will do starts later after hukilau events are over for the night. we have a relatively new store in fort lauderdale and i cant make it out to hukilau like every other year but still want to do something . Its free im not making any money of any of it I just want to let everyone know that once you are done for the night you can have something else to do . if you dont want to make it out its ok also .

KreepyTiki....Apologies for the "snakey" comment, that was a bit offsides. My initial reaction was "wow, this sounds really cool, I'd like to go to this", then I realized that the event was starting while I would still be onstage....DOH!...Hence the negative reaction....Anyway, hopefully people will stay until the end of the Main Ballroom show (The Intoxicators are rockin' out after us) before they head over to your party.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 09:44 am   Permalink

Dude, I love me some Kreepy Tiki-always have, and have always had a good time with you guys and would love to go- but the timing on that is just plain whacked, man. An all-day thing Sunday (like the Jetsetter party in previous years) would even be promotable v i a Hukilau. But two hours before the main event ends on Friday when there's still a long day of stuff going on Saturday... That's a rough one on everybody.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-03 08:51, leisure master wrote:
How far is it between the Hukilau location and this party? Easy taxi ride?

I assume its not walking distance (what is in FLA?), which may be a problem since I'm sure as hell not going to be fit to drive before or after!

I'm all for sharing/packing full a cab after the last Main Event band.
Being from the west coast, on vacation, my first Hukilau, time in Ft. Louder-dale and my 50th. birthday weekend, I think it would fun to mingle with the locals outside of the Event area and rage into the night till dawn and see the sun rise over the ocean...

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation