FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Ft lauderdale friday the 13th FREE BLOCK AFTERPARTY!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Ft lauderdale friday the 13th FREE BLOCK AFTERPARTY!
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 10:43 am   Permalink

Looks closer than the Mai Kai for sure. On the airport direction from the event hotels.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Jim & Jennifer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-03 11:03 am   Permalink

As always Room 130 will be open to our friends and FOM anytime. Perhaps it would be a good gathering point for those interested in the after-party. Just watch out for broken glass....

View Profile of Jungle Jim & Jennifer Send a personal message to Jungle Jim & Jennifer  Email Jungle Jim & Jennifer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 11:16 am   Permalink

Google maps takes you 'round the arse to get to the elbow on the direx from the Cabana to the KreepyTiki. Looks like a short trip from Cabana if you go south on Sea Breeze then west on SE 17th st.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 12:09 pm   Permalink

Its a very short ride. If you are coming in thru FTL airport you will pass it on the way to the YC. When you come over the overpass for 595 it will be one of the first buildings on the right. Can't miss it! Look for the choppers and Roller Rink. The front is painted with their logo and many other interesting images. Cool shop!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kreepytiki lounge & tattoos
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-03 2:31 pm   Permalink

hey peeps me and Talani, Loon, and the rest of the fam. are currently trying to see if we can push this thing of ours later in the evening to not make it a problem with Hukilau . I would personally have this today if i could but the fact that its not a kreepytiki only event and the fact that we put this together for them makes it hard to move around because these people have jobs and are not available to be here sunday (fathers day) so we really want to make it all work out and we will try to make sure nobody gets effed! in all this.

View Profile of kreepytiki lounge & tattoos Send a personal message to kreepytiki lounge & tattoos      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 9:12 pm   Permalink

What are those drinks called at the MAI KAI

that have RUM, orange juice and coffee??

They kept C'Al and I up for days and nights in the past!!!

Who needs sleep!!!

It's gonna be a FULL weekend!!!!

Yee haw!

And Lakers on Monday, if............see ya!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-05 08:49 am   Permalink

Rev thats cool bro i had me sum uv dem i know whatcha mean haha loon and kreepy Marcus are gonna make some crazy effin' punch and drinks to keep it lit they be makin' sure nobody sleeps in lauderdale on friday the 13th ...also thanks for posting the map directions ..like we said once you crazies are ready to turn it up come thru we never sleep

View Profile of kreepytiki lounge & tattoos Send a personal message to kreepytiki lounge & tattoos      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-06 10:57 am   Permalink

here's the flyer for the party with all the information and exact street address. regardless, if your traveling on US1, you definitely WONT miss it!

Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 3:00 pm   Permalink

That really bites that this event is leeching off Hukilau!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Digitiki 2008-06-06 15:09 ]

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-06 4:45 pm   Permalink

digitiki so sorry you feel that way . i guess you didnt read the fact that this party we are having is gonna go on late and you can rest assure that our intentions are not to harm hukilau . but you are entitled to your opinion and conclusions as is everyone else. believe me that this is not a "leech" attempt as i am not charging or selling shit in fact im giving away things(not just my time)along with a bunch of other good people . do what you want but to keep these people in the dark for whatever reason is not in the spirit of things. if you or anyone here attends this you will see that this is not any kind of profiteering so to call it "leeching" is actually uncalled for , furthermore I can assure you that Hukilau attendees are not the only people who care about this.

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 5:15 pm   Permalink

I have stayed silent until now. This is purely a statement of how it is. This is NOT a Hukilau After Party - those will happen all night at the Cabana. This is a direct hit to the event.

I know that Kreepytiki didn't plan this party to intentionally harm me or Hukilau but their actions could quite possibly have a crucial financial effect on this event. You see, when you use a hotel you sign a contract for a minimum amount of food and beverage sales, on top of that you pay a rental fee for the room. The ONLY person financially responsible is me - Christie White, the producer. No one else writes the checks or pays for anything. If I don't meet the minimum then I have to pay the amount for which we are short. With Kreepytiki giving a FREE (and I have to say incredibly awesome show) this will cut out my possible local ticket sales and as some of you have already stated - you'll be going also. Would you go to a free party that resembles EVERYTHING Hukilau or would you go to Hukilau that costs you $25? Exactly.

I have cancelled the ballroom show at the Bahia Mar and we will now celebrate at the Bahia Cabana again on Friday night. The minimum and the rental approaches $10,000. I cannot chance the risk. I sincerely apologize if this dissapoints anyone but I cannot face a financial ruin this year and the "After" party is certain to draw people away - people=revenue. Even if people leave an hour early to attend their party - that's an hour that people are not drinking - even 30 people would make a significant impact on the numbers.

I'm not quite sure what this will do for the Charles Phoenix show, I will have to announce that later, but the show WILL GO ON!!!! I have spoken with the bands for Friday nights performances, with Torchy Taboo and the sound company and they are all behind me. I have spoken with the Mai-Kai and they are 100% behind the Hukilau event.

This is unfortunate as Kreepytiki has been with Hukilau since the beginning in Atlanta. We have nothing but Aloha spirit between us. I just wish they would've asked me what was best. Did Jaksin from Kreepytiki Tattoo contact me? Yes he did. Did he tell me what they were planning? No, not even close. Did we discuss date/time? No, absolutely not. I wasn't even given a chance. I would've loved to have supported this party and attended myself but I'd much rather be with the ohana at the Cabana that Friday night and with the entertainers that have come such a long way to put on a show for us. After all folks, this is our last year to enjoy it.

Details and all of these changes will be announced via the newslist and at Hukilau Registration. That's my 2cents on the matter.

We will all have an incredible time - I'm hoping for your support.

The Hukilau

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2008-06-06 17:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki 2008-06-06 17:21 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Elvis-from-Hell

Posted: 2008-06-06 6:09 pm   Permalink

Wow - i just got the email that Christie has to now cancel the Friday night show of the very last Hukilau thanks to this conflict.

Nice work dick-heads.

View Profile of Elvis-from-Hell Send a personal message to Elvis-from-Hell      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 6:11 pm   Permalink

Friday night is not cancelled - it will take place at the Bahia Cabana - same lineup, same stellar show!!!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 6:18 pm   Permalink

Nicely phrased, Christie.

I, for one, am going to pass on this "After Party." I personally feel this separate event could have been scheduled for another day and time -thus, not hurting the main events at Hukilau that count on every bit of attendance. If only all of you knew the amount of planning and sweat that goes into just this one night alone.

Have a nice time. I'll be supporting The Hukilau's officially sanctioned events on this last voyage.

*EDITED to correct spelling.

[ This Message was edited by: I dream of tiki 2008-06-06 18:20 ]

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 6:33 pm   Permalink

Personally, I've always enjoyed the Friday night events at the Bahia Mar....tables, chairs, indoors...I hope the weather is good both nights at the Cabana. I admit I'm disappointed with this change but will not be discouraged.

No wonder Christie is making this the final Hukilau...I can't imagine dealing with this kind of aggravation.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation