FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Smokin Menehunes at KONA (formerly SAM'S) 6-15-2008
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Smokin Menehunes at KONA (formerly SAM'S) 6-15-2008
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-03 10:18 am   Permalink

This just in! Hot off the Bong Press! The Smokin Menehunes will be performing at KONA in Huntington Beach, CA on Sunday, June 15. KONA is the new name for the Tiki Temple formerly known as SAM's or SAM'S Seafood. The new owners are very interested in keeping the "Tiki" theme alive. Let's show them our TC support and stop by for some good music and atmosphere and of course, grog and pupus!

Kona (Sam's Seafood)
16278 South Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, CA, 92649
(562) 592-1321

"If you're looking for a South Pacific island escape, KONA is your place. Formerly, Sam's Seafood had been a landmark of Sunset Beach with its swordfish sign and large A-frame entryway. Under new ownership, KONA provides a fun Polynesian atmosphere. Parking isn't a problem in their very large lot. They also have two large themed multipurpose rooms for any occasion or luau."

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 11:05 am   Permalink

Terrill and I will be at Hukilau!
Play there A LOT please!!!!
if you haven't seen these gents play
you're missing out!
I always have a constant smile whenever i hear them.....
Best band to dance with Doug Horne to!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-03 11:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-03 11:05, little lost tiki wrote:

Terrill and I will be at Hukilau!
Play there A LOT please!!!!
if you haven't seen these gents play
you're missing out!
I always have a constant smile whenever i hear them.....
Best band to dance with Doug Horne to!

Here Hear !!! I agree on all counts, except for the Dancing with Doug Horne part...I've yet to try that....

Break a leg guys, I'll still be in Florida

Everyone else who isn't going to Hukilau, Go to this !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 11:36 am   Permalink

Sounds like a great time. Are they playing during the "Brunch" or later in the afternoon/evening. I'd ask Bong, but he's banned. Of course, the Menehunes have never been so popular so it is probably a good thing.

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 12:04 pm   Permalink

Just a little update:

I just spoke to Bong, he said that they are playing in the evening, starting at 7pm.

[ This Message was edited by: Riptide 2008-06-03 12:05 ]

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 4:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-03 11:36, Riptide wrote:
I'd ask Bong, but he's banned. it is probably a good thing.

Yeah, 'cause there is no telling what he may say or post!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drinqwine

Posted: 2008-06-03 6:08 pm   Permalink

Yes Tiki and the South Sea Island themes are alive and well at KONA. Sam's Seafood old place is ready for a rebirth! The Smokin Menehunes on Fathers Day the 15th at 7pm. For those of you who will be missing out while at the Hukilau they have scheduled The Tikiyaki Orchestra Friday, July 11 and the 25th! The Sunday Luau Brunch features Tupua, an 8 person music and dance group and brunch with free flowing Champagne is only $26.95. Come on by and say hi to Chuck the owner. Aloha

View Profile of drinqwine Send a personal message to drinqwine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 11:17 pm   Permalink

sweeeeet,
will be there for all of those shows.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-04 4:19 pm   Permalink

Actually,

The Tikiyaki Orchestra is only booked for the 11th. We will be annnouncing Full details for this show soon.

Sorry, didn't mean to crash the Menehunes Thread....Everyone needs to check them out on the 15th for sure.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-09 2:19 pm   Permalink

Is it this Sunday yet?
I'm really looking forward to seeing the Menehunes again at Sa----, I mean Kona. I guess I need to say, I'm looking forward to seeing the Menehunes again for the first time at Kona. I hope this is the start of a new tradition.

Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-10 6:40 pm   Permalink

Looks like I'll be flying solo since the wife will be out of town AGAIN. See ya Sunday.

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-11 10:30 am   Permalink

I'm so there,
See all of you then.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesian Pam

Posted: 2008-06-11 12:35 pm   Permalink

BettyBleu and I are going to try and make it- not "for sure" yet since it is on Father's day!

View Profile of Polynesian Pam Send a personal message to Polynesian Pam  Email Polynesian Pam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-11 3:42 pm   Permalink

Will they be playing in the bar or the main dining area?

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-11 5:33 pm   Permalink

From what I've heard they will be playing in the bar

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation