[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Ventura County
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Ventura County
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 12:34 pm   Permalink

I'm noticing more and more tikiphiles here from Ventura County. Anybody up for some informal get-togethers?

Naneki

(We could meet under the palms in the empty parking lot and commune with the ghost of the Trade Winds.)

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-17 7:46 pm   Permalink

Wow,
I never thought I'd see another Tiki Central member from Camarillo but its true! Bongofury and I are in Camarillo. He's talked about a party at the Rincon Room in September, but not sure yet. Here's a link to his backyard, which is only a hint at his whole collection!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=18053&forum=18&start=105

Live like a Beachcomber! www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 9:35 pm   Permalink

September party at the Rincon Room? Yeah baby!

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-30 5:58 pm   Permalink

I missed this post.....another 805er.......yeah! A get together would be nice, maybe not in the parking lot, but at the brew-pub across the street from the Tradewinds. Or here. And yes......there may be an Endless Summer....

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-30 6:48 pm   Permalink

I'm always up for a local gathering.

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eliminators
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-03 05:41 am   Permalink

The Eliminators play at the Ventura Co Fair August 1. Get tiki!

View Profile of Eliminators Send a personal message to Eliminators  Email Eliminators Goto the website of Eliminators     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-07-03 6:55 pm   Permalink

I vote for an endless summer!!!!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-15 2:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-30 17:58, bongofury wrote:
A get together would be nice, maybe not in the parking lot, but at the brew-pub across the street from the Tradewinds.

Isn't interesting (or perhaps, pathetic) that The Tradewinds is gone, the Esplanade is gone, soon the rest of the Wagon Wheel will be gone and the g*dd@mn Disco building is still there!

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-15 7:43 pm   Permalink

While the Tradewinds is long gone, it is not the only thing missing from the Gold Coast. Also missing in action:

The Hideaway
The Missle
The Las Vegas Room
The Crow's Nest
Ted Hughes' Tiki Club
The Somoan Hut
and........

TC A Go Go

All former Oxnard drinkeries......I will try to post images and info on these lovely dives soon....

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 11:01 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2008-07-15 19:43, bongofury wrote:
While the Tradewinds is long gone, it is not the only thing missing from the Gold Coast. Also missing in action:

The Hideaway
The Missle
The Las Vegas Room
The Crow's Nest
Ted Hughes' Tiki Club
The Somoan Hut
and........

TC A Go Go

What was the name of the bar by the airport in Oxnard on 5th Street? I used to drive by it in the 80's.

[ This Message was edited by: Naneki 2008-07-23 12:45 ]

bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 6:00 pm   Permalink

Oh! Oh! Can I vote for an Endless Summer?
I live in Thousand Oaks but have a studio within a stones throw from the Rincon Room does that count?

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-22 9:40 pm   Permalink

Hey Banana, is this your backyard? Is this the original tiki from the old photo or a copy? I've always loved that old photo.

ENDLESS SUMMER IN RINCON!!!!!! Beachcomber shack, hodads, and a lagoon!

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 11:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-22 21:40, tikitony wrote:

Hey Banana, is this your backyard? Is this the original tiki from the old photo or a copy? I've always loved that old photo.

Yes it is the original tiki from the old Tonga Lei, I restored it and mounted it on that post. It was almost styrofoam by the time I found it buried in 10' of bamboo. I used West System epoxy to make it whole again. It's a Client's backyard, over just off Carmen.
Here is the old picture Sabu posted for me.

Hot Dang! Primer Nats and the Rincon Room. I cannot wait!

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-28 4:47 pm   Permalink

Naneki......the one by the airport was Ted Hughes Tiki Club.

Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 5:34 pm   Permalink

Another location but it wasn't open to the public or enlisted.

I'd love to see a photo of the officers club at Point Mugu Naval Air Staton in 1965.
Shortly after the Trade Wind's opened, my mother Ione decorated the O club for the Navy.
As popular as Tiki was then, I'm pretty sure she decorated it in Tiki. They would have used Oceanic Arts so maybe Bob and Leroy have pictures or a record of the items.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation