FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Ventura County
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Ventura County
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-25 12:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-25 06:50, bongofury wrote:
A friend went by the new store and said the shelves were being stocked and they had a banner out front for the April 1 opening.

BevMo opening and the Wagon Wheel being bulldozed. *sigh*

I'll be over there tonight and double check the opening date. We'll meet in the rum aisle.

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-03-25 12:40 pm   Permalink

The Wagon Wheel was bulldozed?

Wow! It has been a long time since I have been up that way.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-26 09:02 am   Permalink

Wagon Wheel was bulldozed this week. Just a big pile of rubble now. Some of the brick fireplaces are still standing. If anyone wants to get together Friday (I am off work) let us know.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-26 8:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-26 09:02, bongofury wrote:
Wagon Wheel was bulldozed this week. Just a big pile of rubble now. Some of the brick fireplaces are still standing. If anyone wants to get together Friday (I am off work) let us know.

Ron,

Sad to hear about the Wagon Wheel, I admired it just a few weeks ago as I drove south.

Dang, I can't make Friday, its opening day of Lingcod season and I am going off-shore fishing. Maybe next time.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-28 12:26 pm   Permalink

Yep. They bulldozed the Wagon Wheel. We might be able to liberate a few actual wagon wheels or pieces of wagon wheels. But otherwise it's now a big pile of rubble. The neon signs are still there and I think (hope) that someone has claimed them.

So do we want to meet at BevMo on Friday at--say--6. Or wait until Saturday?

Anybody go to the new place in Thousand Oaks?

Edited to add:

There are some great oak shelve available at Borders in the Esplanade. Perfect for mug display. They're 7.5' X 3' X 7" deep. They're $48 out the door. The store is picked clean and the deals on books and such aren't great. But you might want to check out the shelving.

[ This Message was edited by: Naneki 2011-03-28 12:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Naneki 2011-03-28 12:31 ]

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-29 5:51 pm   Permalink

In last weeks paper the San Buenaventura conservancy guy said "demolition may not be eminent" but the city of Oxnard gave the developers the go ahead and they wasted no time. Oxnard is famous for taking the money & running. Still have not seen the results of the DA & FBI raid here... http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/aug/13/da-serves-search-warrant-at-oxnard-city-hall/ Can't wait til they start tearing down the old Starbucks & WalMarts for something newer. Golf Courses are a waste of Real Estate too.....more condos. It will be so nice when I can go to any town in America and feel like I am in my town. I will never have to travel....think of all the money I will save!

We have been to Total Wine & More in Thousand Oaks.....just like BevMo but a litter bigger with a few different things. They did have Orange Curacao from Curacao (22.99) and good prices on Zaya (23.99) and Mount Gay Extra Old (34.99) but not the selection of a Hi Times or Wine & Liquor Depot (no Demarara). Worth checking out.

Looks like not a lot of enthusiasm for a local get together but we will be home (taking care of Mom post surgery). Friday is still open and we would also entertain Saturday if that works better (we already have a couple of TCers committed for that day) so let us know what works for you so we can plan accordingly......no band, just good weather and a Drifter's Reef is waiting....I will probably BBQ something. PM for address.

We may not have our party this year so ....

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-04 9:15 pm   Permalink

Bongo, would have contacted you, would never miss a chance to be at your place, we were all passing around that terrible stomach flu. Figured you would rather pass... Thanks, be there next time. (Mom doing okay I hope)

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-28 5:54 pm   Permalink

Hey VTA County folks I have begun spinning MP3s at Billy O's in Ventura the First Wed of each month......now the drinks aren't up to our ussual standards but I am spinning lounge, exotics, swing, downbeat, rat pack and similar. If your interested check out the facebook link and swing by

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=146558358748044&pending

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-06 1:48 pm   Permalink

I will be spinning more great tunes tonight so drop on by if your free......

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tele295

Posted: 2013-05-25 3:09 pm   Permalink

Am I too late to the Ventura Tiki party?

View Profile of Tele295 Send a personal message to Tele295  Goto the website of Tele295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 4:40 pm   Permalink

If there was a Ventura Tiki Party.....

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-11 12:42 pm   Permalink

https://www.facebook.com/Ventiki?fref=ts

While waiting for Ventiki to open I would recommend these local events...

This weekend with The Blasters, Robert Gordon, Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters) and the Dead Presidents, Junior Brown, and many more....

http://www.roadshowrevival.com/

This is a great small venue at a Mexican Restaurant downtown that features Blues and R & B almost every Friday night. Next week has Deke Dickerson and the Ecco-Fonics!

http://www.hihatentertainment.com/

Next month is the long awaited turn of the Surf Rodeo...

http://www.surfrodeo.org/

Tele295

Posted: 2013-06-15 1:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-11 12:42, bongofury wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/Ventiki?fref=ts

While waiting for Ventiki to open I would recommend these local events...

This weekend with The Blasters, Robert Gordon, Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters) and the Dead Presidents, Junior Brown, and many more....

http://www.roadshowrevival.com/

I'm disappointed to miss this, but I'm playing a gypsy gig in Simi today. Love The Blasters, and a fan of Robert Gordon from the Danny Gatton Humbler years. Junior puts on a good show - last saw him at the Santa Monica Pier with James Intveld.

[ This Message was edited by: Tele295 2013-06-15 13:15 ]

View Profile of Tele295 Send a personal message to Tele295  Goto the website of Tele295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-15 2:33 pm   Permalink

Robert "Black Slacks" Gordon & the Blasters!
now that's a show.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-10 1:09 pm   Permalink

Apparently some bar is opening in the Ventura. There is a separate thread. The establishment is known as "Ventiki". You have no excuses now.

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation