Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Trader Vic....small metal sculpture
Trader Vic....small metal sculpture
Tropical_Icebergs
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-05 2:19 pm   Permalink

I'm looking for info about small metal sculptures made or designed by "Trader Vic". I recently came across a small animal sculpture and on the bottom it was stamped into the metal TRADER VIC. This is the 1st I've ever seen, but I wasn't looking before. Any links , info , thoughts , or comments are very welcome.

View Profile of Tropical_Icebergs Send a personal message to Tropical_Icebergs  Email Tropical_Icebergs     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 9:47 pm   Permalink

Yes, Trader Vic fancied himself as quite the artist. He did paintings of various subjects and bronze sculptures of small animals. That's my 2 cents worth.
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-07 07:27 am   Permalink

A while back I came across a so-so wood carving of a woman's head that looked like typical Philippines made tropical souvenir stuff. It had a small TRADER VIC (or VIC'S) mark on the bottom. I assumed it was probably a piece sold in a gift shop at a Trader Vic's. (I didn't buy the head, it really wasn't all that great.)

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation