FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving showing my work ....New stuff on page 2
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
showing my work ....New stuff on page 2
Slave2Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-07 07:13 am   Permalink

Hello ,
I am new and a little lost @ this whole posting thing i want to show some pictures of my work.
I am knew to carving but have been an artist all my life . my back ground was in skin i am a tattooer
a painter ,but i have found a new love .I have some bone carvings i would like to share and some knifes i have carved. i have been trying this new art form for about six months . anyway there are some great carvers here Hats of to you all!!!!!!!!!! i am going to try to post some pictures.Sorry about the pic cheap camera
thanks
J

[ This Message was edited by: Slave2Tiki 2008-06-23 17:23 ]

View Profile of Slave2Tiki Send a personal message to Slave2Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-07 09:12 am   Permalink

Nice work, Jay! I like the first one the best.
I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of your tattoo work, too. Any tiki?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slave2Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-07 11:01 am   Permalink

thanks for the reply
I have moore pics to post ill scan the tonight .
i have a tiki cover up on my self im working on .
ill post a before and after when im threw.
J

View Profile of Slave2Tiki Send a personal message to Slave2Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-07 11:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-07 09:12, 4WDtiki wrote:
Nice work, Jay! I like the first one the best.
I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of your tattoo work, too. Any tiki?

Ditto...that first one is awesome. Nice work. Welcome to TC.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-07 12:45 pm   Permalink

Dude those are awsome, welcome to TC!

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-07 3:01 pm   Permalink

Kia ora J - Welcome to TC. Thanks for showing us your bones, Im hooked..

Maybe you could answer a question thats buzzed my mind on occasion: do you find any similarity between using a tattoo gun & using an electric carving handpiece..? Im aware of the differences between the disciplines, but as someone familiar with both tools Id be interested to hear your thoughts.. (just a hangover from the childhood fantasy of being a tattooist - we didnt all want to be firemen did we?)
BTW, youll find fellow bonescrapers and tattooists at TC if youre looking for them.

My fave is the 2nd-to-last matau/hook, the thinnest one, very cool.

Any TIKIs?

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-07 3:39 pm   Permalink

Very nice and welcome to TC!! Keep em coming!!

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slave2Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-07 4:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the reply s vampiress,tikifreak ,tikiduddy
Tama I use almost the same formula as tattooing .
the only differences for me is im used to a up and down motion
verses an circle motion and the bites i have are way bigger than my needles.
i made my own machines they are one piece solid bronze very heavy machine,
my tubes for lining and shading are 1" in diameter i don't use round needles to color as i am used to making my own magnums <<<< old skool lol
i bought a fordom flex shaft grinder but i have yet to use it i have a old dremel and a black and decker and master craft i use . Its different trauma on the wrists after awhile .
4wdtiki here is some pics of my work and tama heres a couple of knifes i have done .
i am in the proses of buying a house so my space is limited here but soon i hope to be in a new home .

C

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-07 7:46 pm   Permalink

Wow, Excellent Stuff Jay, And WELCOME to Tiki Central or TC as we call her, You'll fit right in here I have a feeling. So pull up a chair and get comfortable and Stay awhile. Your works are All Excellent and I'm sure you will find Many new Fans of All your different media tiki. You got the posting pictured down pretty fast and thats the main deal around here so Don't be afraid to post lots of pictures.
Keep'em coming and when you are ready, wander on over to the Marketplace forums and put some of your stuff up for sale!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slave2Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-08 07:28 am   Permalink

Thanks Ben
I love your work incredible i am stoked.
here are some more pics

Slave2Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-15 3:39 pm   Permalink

Do i keep posting pics here or do i start new thread

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-15 4:36 pm   Permalink

Oh, so there's more!?! Great!

Keep all your carving in the same thread. It's like a portfolio.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-15 6:16 pm   Permalink

I just checked this thread out, nice work on both the carvings and tats. Welcome aboard.

Your answer to TTT on the difference between a tattooing and carving was insightful, I've wondered the same thing on occasion.

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slave2Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-16 4:28 pm   Permalink

4WDTiki
Thanks i was a little confused .>>>don't take much
Jonnyp
thanks for the kind words. what makes carving so cool is you have no time limit sent by your customers and there thresh hold of pain . plus it allows my self to go @ my own pace .
I will post some more pics of stuff i have just finished .
critasizum is well appreciated.
best wishes
J

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-16 10:50 pm   Permalink

Welcome nice stone work and tiki handles.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation