FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Orange County Tiki Crawl 3/29/03
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Orange County Tiki Crawl 3/29/03
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-03 10:39 pm   Permalink

Join us for the Second Annual OC Tiki Crawl! The party begins with a Tiki Potluck at Bamboo Ben's at 4:30 pm . From there we will board the Tiki Bus to the Royal Hawaiian, Laguna Beach; Billy's in Newport Beach; and Sam's Seafood in Surfside:

Saturday, March 29, 2003

The schedule for this event is as follows:

4:30 PM Pre-Crawl Party
Bamboo Ben's
712 Yorktown, Huntington Beach
(right off Beach Blvd)

Feel free to bring your favorite dish, pupus, or drinks to share with the tribe!

6:30 PM Tiki Bus Departs for Royal Hawaiian (The Bus is Full! 50 person capacity - see page 3 for details)

7:00 PM - Royal Hawaiian
8:30 PM - Billy's at the Beach
10:00 PM - Sam's Seafood
12:00 PM - Back to Bamboo Ben's

For those riding the Tiki Bus (see page 3) we will leave Bamboo Ben's shop at 6:30 PM sharp! Remember, please plan to arrive between 4:30 and 6 pm for pupus and lapus!

Those that not riding on the bus are welcome join us at any or all of the stops.

See you on March 29!

Arty

Peace, Love & Tiki!

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-03-14 11:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-03-22 16:09 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 07:38 am   Permalink

We're in
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 08:01 am   Permalink

Pop is in.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 08:10 am   Permalink

There's a Tiki restaurant in Laguna Beach? I am there!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 08:15 am   Permalink

If anyone wants to stop by for a cocktail at the Lagoon Room before the RH, let me know. Yoa are all welcome.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-04 09:01 am   Permalink

Bong and Madam Bong are in. Should we do a bus gig or not? We could all head to the Lagoon room first, the RH. Either way, sounds like a fine hangover to me!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 09:04 am   Permalink

Mr. & Mrs. Bamboo are in.
p.s. who did that song? 60's garage band?

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen on 2003-03-04 09:06 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 10:36 am   Permalink

Did someone say, "Lagoon Room?"

Here's what I was initially thinking if we got the Tiki Bus.

5:00ish - Meet at Bamboo Ben's
6:00ish - Board the Tiki Bus & Depart
6:30ish - Arrive at Royal Hawaiian for Pupus & Lapus (it's early but you know how crowded they get on Saturday night). Or we can make reservations for a later time in the restaurant depending on how many people are in.

We could do just about anything after that. Li's, Billy's at the Beach, Sam's, whatever.

Bong, did we rent by the hour last time? We could have the bus take us to the Lagoon Room but that might be a "3 hour tour" altogether (roundtrip).

If we do the Lagoon Room, then we might scratch the idea of the bus. We could meet at the Lagoon Room first and then head for the RH.

Thoughts, anyone? Anyone?

Arty

As Tiki as I wanna be.

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-03-04 10:38 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 10:41 am   Permalink

If we go to the Lagoon Room first then I'm sure by the time we need to leave for dinner, I will be in NO condition to drive! I am however, open to anything so Arty, put an itinerary together and I'll find a designated driver no matter what the cost - even if I have to stop at the Home Depot parking lot and pay someone...

* * * The Polynesian Popster * * *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-03-04 10:41 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-04 10:44 am   Permalink

Uncle Arty,

I think if we did the Lagoon Room, the bus probably wouldn't economically work out well.

If we did the bus, we could all meet at my hut, have the bus pick us up there, then hit any tiki establishment we wanted to in the general area.

If we included the Lagoon Room (one of my personal favorites) maybe we could carpool.

Let's bring this up for immediate discussion now so we can plan it soon!

Who's in?

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 11:48 am   Permalink

In.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 11:49 am   Permalink

I already said! Stop nagging me, Bong!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-03-04 12:43 pm   Permalink

That weekend works for me! I'm up for either idea - Bus from Bong's or Car-pooling from The Lagoon Room. I'll be imbibing carefully anyway, as I will probably need to get Doctor-Z and Z-Girl safely home at the end of the evening.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-03-04 2:12 pm   Permalink

Traderpup, you going or not man!

Allright, I'm gonna take a stand for the sake of constructive debate - we meet at my hut for drinks, jump on the bus, bombard the Royal Hawaiian with our bombastic bafoonery, jump back on the bus, cruise to Sam's and finish off the night.

If anyone has ideas on some more stops, which there are MANY I'm missing, fill in the spaces.

P.S. We will definately need the Al and Shelly Weak Ass Drink (AASWAD) modification drink system (version 3.08487757)

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-04 2:24 pm   Permalink

I'm in!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation