FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hapa Haole Hideaway Rebuild Again! - Open
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Hapa Haole Hideaway Rebuild Again! - Open
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-31 06:33 am   Permalink

Ok thanks for that info. I've looked on eBay to but gabby had any luck. Thanks again for the help. By the way what was your search? I've been trying ceramic tiles.

View Profile of claq50 Send a personal message to claq50      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-31 07:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-31 06:33, claq50 wrote:
Ok thanks for that info. I've looked on eBay to but gabby had any luck. Thanks again for the help. By the way what was your search? I've been trying ceramic tiles.

That's the trick. Try Garden Tiles, Asian Tiles, Chinese Tiles... It takes a LOT of time to find those needles in the haystack of Ebay.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigDaddy772
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-10-31 2:45 pm   Permalink

Hey Claq This guy has 10 available.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Square-Shape-Green-Tile-Chinese-Porcelain-Jar-Vase-12-w-/400150141748?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2ace9b34

[ This Message was edited by: BigDaddy772 2010-10-31 14:58 ]

View Profile of BigDaddy772 Send a personal message to BigDaddy772  Email BigDaddy772     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-31 6:42 pm   Permalink

That link bombed on me. Try this if that fails for you too. Thanks for the tip. Those are hard to find!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-01 3:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-10-31 18:42, Swanky wrote:
Those are hard to find!

ebay? I had to fly to California to get mine! (Seriously)

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liltikichef
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-01-20 7:49 pm   Permalink

I know this wouldn't be the "original" tiles, but if you can't find them, have you considered getting some made? There are several artists on TC (like MadDogMike), who do ceramics and may be able to do something like that...... Just a thought....

View Profile of liltikichef Send a personal message to liltikichef      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 11:31 am   Permalink

More carved trim for the bar front.

Hope to have this installed by Saturday for some special guests in the Hideaway.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-08 6:16 pm   Permalink

Now, if you REALLY want a high-toned bit of decor, you could buy these tiles. Ming Dynasty, $695:

The eBay posting, mentioned earlier, still has 10, at $27.50/ $12 shipping:

It doesn't look like they are all identical, though; look at the other pics.

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2014-04-17 11:12 ]

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-02 08:12 am   Permalink

Been a long while since I posted anything here. A couple of recent updates:

A little hard to see, but I moved the rigging and cargo net full of vintage rum jugs and barrels to be more visible.

Finally got around to this one. I moved the Hawaiian Village Tampa collection over to its own space. Still need the Nui Nui mug if anyone has one to offer.

And I moved the Hawaii Kai collection to the top shelf and staged it a bit.

Working on my water feature and just hung my PNG slit drum, but no pics.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-02 08:31 am   Permalink

Ms Swanky took some insulation and created a faux wood frame for my PNG tapa cloth and it is now a TV cover.

Out of site when not in use.

Here is that trim I was working onin my last posts here. Used it to cover a plain rafter and Tiki 65 added lettering to say Okole Maluna Headhunter Lounge.

Front of the bar trim.

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-02 09:47 am   Permalink

Great work Tim.

So much detail and texture.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-02 10:15 am   Permalink

Your bar front is wicked!Love it!

Note to self, must practice with the plunge router.....

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-02 10:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-10-02 10:15, Dagg wrote:
Your bar front is wicked!Love it!

Note to self, must practice with the plunge router.....

The background is a large drop cloth. We drew out the lines of the trim and then used coffee and tea bags to tea stain it.

The diamond shapes behind the masks are charger place mats we picked on clearance at Target. The other side is a traditional matting beige color.

One last thing to do is light the back of the masks. They are mounted with a 1/2 inch or so of clearance and I will paint the back of them white and put a light in the center to get a glowing edge... I hope. That is to be figured out.

Building a home bar is years of hording and then a year of building. We can now stop hoarding at least!

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

[ This Message was edited by: swanky 2012-10-02 11:25 ]

Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-02 10:46 am   Permalink

Definitely no shortage of talented creative people here! And I'm not just saying that to suck up OR get my post count higher

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-02 5:38 pm   Permalink

LOVE the bar Swanky & Ms. Swanky! Everything looks fantastic - the huge bar, the routed trim, all the tikis - everything! thanks for posting an update and allowing me to read about the build from the start. Great building tips and photos too. Well done!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation