FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Hapa Haole Hideaway Rebuild Again! - Open
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Hapa Haole Hideaway Rebuild Again! - Open
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-08 7:44 pm   Permalink

Outstanding

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-08 9:08 pm   Permalink

A beautifully done hideaway Swanky!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-09 4:20 pm   Permalink

Tim,

The rebuild of the Hapa Haole Hideaway is magnificent! It is truly a work of exotica beauty...

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-10 09:26 am   Permalink

One more of the Coon Tiki project by Basement Kahune and Tiki Diablo mostly, but also Crazy Al and many others. A couple of Doug Horne pieces and the Hawaiian Village Tampa collection.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-10 10:11 am   Permalink

The Hideaway looks great Tim!
I think I even took a few hits at that TIKI, Man I was wasted though.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-12 10:47 am   Permalink

Swanky dude, ur place is kick ass! But where did the top of the blue door go? Sorry if you already answered this (couldn't find it) and can you access that space with the stairs?

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-12 11:08 am   Permalink

The door is boxed in. You can see the edge of the box in this pic:

Under the TV, right of the big guy:

We made a box and then took a mess of stained bamboo and drilled holes and glued it in place. This just sits on top of the door frame.

The space is technically accessible. If you move everything out from in front of the bar, you can roll back the vinyl flooring and unscrew the sub-floor panels and then lift out the floor joists and then take away the two boxes that frame them and you get to the stairs again. Oh, and remove the rail post and asian tiles...

We do not ever want to have to do this...

There are inside stairs to the basement, however, they are much narrower and more obstacles, like the door frame. That means, so far, large furniture and the washer and dryer are too big to get back up stairs... We intend to open up the door frame when the time comes that we have to get something out and hope it is big enough. We have a lovely bamboo framed couch down there we wanted in the bar, but it is just too huge to get out now!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-12 11:20 am   Permalink

That might be the greatest PNG statue I've ever seen, outside of the 20ft abelam.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-12 11:21 am   Permalink

If you ever need a kidney, you come to me first with that statue, and we'll work something out. Hahahaha.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-12 11:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-12-12 11:20, Hale Tiki wrote:
That might be the greatest PNG statue I've ever seen, outside of the 20ft abelam.

It may the world's tallest Oratory Table. I think it has a brother in PNG that is for sale. Getting it here is the issue... It is 75-85 years old from the Korogo Village.

Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-12 12:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

The space is technically accessible. If you move everything out from in front of the bar, you can roll back the vinyl flooring and unscrew the sub-floor panels and then lift out the floor joists and then take away the two boxes that frame them and you get to the stairs again. Oh, and remove the rail post and asian tiles...

We do not ever want to have to do this...

I hear ya.. would have made a great wine/root cellar..

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-12 12:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-12-12 11:53, Swanky wrote:
Quote:

It may the world's tallest Oratory Table. I think it has a brother in PNG that is for sale. Getting it here is the issue... It is 75-85 years old from the Korogo Village.

Amazing. Now to hit the lottery.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-12 1:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-12-12 12:37, Hale Tiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-12-12 11:53, Swanky wrote:
Quote:

Amazing. Now to hit the lottery.

The brother one could be bought for maybe $6000. If you care...

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-12 2:55 pm   Permalink

If that included shipping, that's pretty tempting. Though I'd imagine it'd be about half that to ship it.

I do have the first appearance of the Green Goblin comic book that I could unload. Hmm.

Maniacal laugh.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-12 3:55 pm   Permalink

Added more carved trim. Eventually this rafter/post will be fully enclosed in carved trim...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation