FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Win This Tiki Tomorrow, Online Raffle, pg 2
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Win This Tiki Tomorrow, Online Raffle, pg 2
Tiki Terrace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-09 5:03 pm   Permalink

Aloha TC Artists!!! I posted some pics of the build out of our new location a while back, and wanted to post some pics of the "near" finished project (seems like it is a never ending project;) Hope you like

The first is a pic of a tiki I am doing for our grand opening giveaway this Wednesday at 8:30 (a tiki that I almost threw out after seeing Benz's lono!). We will actually raffle it away with free tickets at the door... you can purchase extra tickets for $1. This will be my first tiki to be sold/raffled, and I really, really hope it goes to a good home Its not finished yet,,, so we will have to do a pick-up at a later date... hopefully a Tiki Terrace customer/TCer will win it!!! Some pics with and without lighting.. it stands about 5'

Then here are some shots of the place... hope you like!!!

This is our stage... we host a Polynesian revue every Friday and Saturday,,, music most Wednesdays, etc...

Here are a few shots of a series of 4-person booths we built from scratch... This was probably the hardest part!

Here are some pics of the tables and backrests for booths... all carved by brothers and I. oh, and I definitely cant forget to mention that BETE did all the white dots you will see on the tiki booth posts! If you need a dot painter for your next project, I can give a reference for BETE! A fine dot painter indeed!

Here is a corner shot.

A shot of our little bar

A pic of my favorite OA piece we own

Here is a pic of the window blinds we made to keep the lights out... and they open so we can still wash the windows!!! Gotta give bamboo ben lots of credit for providing great trim work for us study!!!

A shot of some fiberglass/airbrush tikis we did that were at the old location.

Here is a pic of a canoe we made with some OA decor in the background. Unfortuately, BETE did not do these dots.. the dot work on this canoe definitely lacks.

This is a pretty cool accessory, i thought... A friend gave these to us from an artist in New Zealand... they fit perfectly for the 10' Maois.

So that's it for now... we still have yet to add lanterns, two volcanos that are being glassed, giant sea shells, etc... but time is against me now that we are up and running. So hopefully we will get to this sooner than later.

If you can make it to the wednesday grand opening, please stop in and win this tiki!!! It needs a good home. If you are non-local, please stop by when in town... I really love chatting with the carvers! Ask for Scott... You guys are da best!!!

Aloha!
Scott

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Terrace 2008-07-28 18:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Terrace 2008-08-11 09:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Terrace 2008-08-27 14:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Terrace 2008-08-27 14:11 ]

View Profile of Tiki Terrace Send a personal message to Tiki Terrace  Email Tiki Terrace Goto the website of Tiki Terrace     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-09 7:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the pics Scott.

Had a great time over there when I stopped in last month, looking forward to coming by and catching the show one of these weekends....

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-09 7:45 pm   Permalink

Excellent stuff man and that Lono is excellent too, Glad you don't torch it. Your place is really looking Top Shelf And you guys have put in so much sweat equity that it means something unli9ke if you had paid to have it done. Now lookit the skills you have learned and gotten Excellent at I must Say! SWEET!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-10 06:06 am   Permalink

Best looking Tiki Bar that I should be stopping in on.

Will be in Chicago on Saturday the 21th for the
4th Annual GALA at the DvA Gallery

Will have to check it out and have some of those Ginger Sesame Wings - original wing dish you won't see anywhere else

I'll be the tall guy coming in that day.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-10 06:25 am   Permalink

Oh my gosh....that place is amazing. You and your brother (and the dot painter) are certainly the talent. Wishing you the best in your business and hope to get to see your wonderful place some day. Thanks for the pics. Beatiful tikis.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Terrace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-10 10:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys for the kind words! I have one more shot of the tiki before it goes tomorrow... The tiki will be holding a spear when finished... just finished drilling for the dowel... plus a couple other minor things to make more presentable for tomorrow... unfortunately, it wont be done, but time is against me.

Thanks and hope to see you tomorrow! And hopeing a carver wins this tiki !!!!

Aloha, Scott

View Profile of Tiki Terrace Send a personal message to Tiki Terrace  Email Tiki Terrace Goto the website of Tiki Terrace     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-11 03:21 am   Permalink

Awesome digs - your efforts will be well appreciated Im sure!

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-11 5:11 pm   Permalink

Great Pic's of the Place.

Nice work on the tiki he looks incredible under the lights
I'm sure someone is going to love this.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Terrace
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-28 6:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tama and Seeks! Seeks, you mentioned in one of your posts of your method to ultra smooth finish... simply tons of hand sanding. so I gave it a try, and I got to give it to you... you must have muscles upon muscles in your hands and fingers! That gets painful quickly!

So here are some updates on Tiki #1... still have detailing to do. Plus a spear. But the bulk is done.

Here is some fun news:
I have started tiki #2 and will raffle it off on Aug 28. All the raffle income goes to the American Heart Association, so hopefully we will get a good turn out and Tiki #2 will also find a good home! We are going to streamline the event and run the video live on the internet... from our wesite. So anyone can tune into the event and even purchase raffle tickets via paypal, and do it from the comfort of your home,,, out of state, etc.. Tickets will be a dollar per... so its cheap and for a good cause!

Thanks
Scott, Tiki Terrace

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Terrace 2008-07-28 18:42 ]

Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-07-28 7:10 pm   Permalink

You place just like your tikis is just amazing. All your hard work his paying off.
Kudos to you!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Tahitiki 2008-07-28 19:12 ]

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-28 7:28 pm   Permalink

Thats amazing mate, well done! I've loved your posts when you come on here and show us your work. But seeing it all coming together now, its just awesome! And the giveaway tiki looks great! Someone is going to be very happy!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shampoovta
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-28 8:36 pm   Permalink

Wow. Just wow. I need some more palm tree trunks. I see I have a long way to go before
I can do something nice like that!

View Profile of shampoovta Send a personal message to shampoovta  Goto the website of shampoovta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-28 9:16 pm   Permalink

I love the Tiki, it looks "alive." I can't believe that I haven't been
to the Terrace yet, but it's on my list.
Your carvings and decor really look like everything was salvaged from a
classic bar.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiwishaman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-28 9:40 pm   Permalink

wow and wow

I love your new place. Definately a must visit if I ever get over to your locale . . ..

The Moai's - 10ft tall? and the detail in the booths looks fabulous!

Well done!

KS

View Profile of kiwishaman Send a personal message to kiwishaman  Goto the website of kiwishaman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-29 05:35 am   Permalink

Very cool. I made a note in my calender to tune in to your live streaming webcast. I can't wait to come up and visit! The place looks awesome!

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation