FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Creating Tiki Ľ Ľ Tiki Carving Ľ Ľ New Junk from Down Under
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New Junk from Down Under
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-17 9:29 pm   Permalink

Yes, very nice they have a full flavor.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SNIKI-STEVE
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-09 5:27 pm   Permalink

It's been a long while since i posted anything here. Guess it's about time i shared my efforts.
I must try my hand again at the full body, but have been enjoying these creations.
The row of faces i intended to be shifter knobs, although stitchface might get his stitches pulled out with regular use. Not sure what i'll do with him.
My latest and favorite is the big one (bonenose). As much as i'd like to keep him, i'm gonna put a tag on him and see if he sells this weekend at an event i run called Kustom Kulture Weekend. Even if he doesn't sell he can enjoy the scene and soak up the cool music.
Have also dabbled with bone. Great fun to work with (despite the smell)
Enjoy.

View Profile of SNIKI-STEVE Send a personal message to SNIKI-STEVE      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 5:51 pm   Permalink

I really like that shrunken head (?) piece with the stitching.

Your work has impressive detail.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 6:52 pm   Permalink

Nice work! Digging the shrunken head dude and the new big guy! Awesome!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 9:15 pm   Permalink

WoW! Bold Strong Full of life.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Featherstone58

Posted: 2009-03-10 06:26 am   Permalink

Wow Ive been an occaisional visitor and never realised there were other Oz Tikiphiles around...really impressed by your work..just gets better and better is there anyway of buying via net or anything short of a trip to Adelaide?

Greetings from the west coast

F58

[ This Message was edited by: Featherstone58 2009-03-10 06:31 ]

View Profile of Featherstone58 Send a personal message to Featherstone58  Email Featherstone58     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-10 12:03 pm   Permalink

Very cool small work!! Like the shrunken head and the cyclop, the pins bellow the head is perfect to planting on a cake!
Which kind of wood use you? Australia is full of nice wood...(lace sheoak, red mallee,...)
And the skull-eye: terrific!!!

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aweulekuula
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-11 06:34 am   Permalink

Hehehehehehe...

I think the one with the skull eyeballs is just too cool for words.

Aloha!

Marcus

View Profile of Aweulekuula Send a personal message to Aweulekuula      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SNIKI-STEVE
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-11 7:14 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone, thanks sincerely for the kind words. Glad you like em.

Featherstone, I donít have a website or anything like that for selling my gear, although I will probably try and get a myspace site set up or something to show some of my pieces. If thereís something you like, perhaps drop me a PM and will see what we can do.
Most of the wood I use is just what I pick up on the side of the road, when people dump their tree prunings. Iíve really got no idea what most of the wood is.

The big guy was a donated tree pruning from an Australian Sugar Gum (so Iím told).
Doesnít seem to have split any more since completion, which is good. Itís got about 5 coats of oil on it for protection too.

Here's one i've just completed. Sure the one eye theme is more monster than tiki, but he was fun to do. Didn't really want to stitch his lips at first, but once i started on the eye i realised there wasn't much room left for a mouth, so i improvised.
His eye glows in the dark too and has a green emerald colour rhinestone deep inside the cats eye pupil. Very hard to see in the photos.
One-Eye is also from that same Sugar Gum, stained and oiled.

Enjoy

View Profile of SNIKI-STEVE Send a personal message to SNIKI-STEVE      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-11 10:27 pm   Permalink

Another great carve love your deep full look.

big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 08:17 am   Permalink

really nice carves. love the shrunken head with the stitching and the skull eyed tiki. your last one makes me think he might reside in homer simpson's basement. i like him alot.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 08:27 am   Permalink

Fantastic. I really like the deep cuts!!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
voodoo von benny

Posted: 2009-06-22 01:11 am   Permalink

g'day mate...
gotta start off by sayin that i love the satellites, i go & see ya's every time that ya's play @ wintersun for about the last 5 or 6 years or so !!
the green eyed monster is rockin !
ive just started my 1st tiki carved out of a gum tree & i hope i get some of those splits.. its character building i rekon haha.

keeep rockin

beno

View Profile of voodoo von benny Send a personal message to voodoo von benny      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippieleigh

Posted: 2009-07-30 9:30 pm   Permalink

AUSIE, AUSIE, AUSIE !... good to see other Skipys on T.C. Kick ass carvings man, I agree, your big ones are awsome. The sceine is gettin' stronger down here, Perth now has two venues with Tiki style to drink at
De Villes pad & Hula Bula Bar. I went to DeVilles last week and it was awsome, had a Horny Devil cocktail in a devils head mug which I got to keep, Pics soon.

View Profile of Chippieleigh Send a personal message to Chippieleigh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 9:39 pm   Permalink

More bloody Aussies on here, there goes the neighbourhood!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation