FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events What'll others be doing while not at Hukilau
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
What'll others be doing while not at Hukilau
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-14 9:32 pm   Permalink

Man that sucks.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-14 10:10 pm   Permalink

I hear the Mai Kai Tais are pretty good.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-16 12:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-14 20:35, MrBaliHai wrote:
Getting cruel text messages from my friend, telling me how frickin' great the Mai Kai is...

yeah I got a few of those from several people this weekend,
Bastards.

well Fri. I saw Davie Allan and the Arrows and the Volcanics at the Juke Joint in Anaheim.
Sat. I booked my first show, and had Slacktone and some garage bands play at Safari Sams in Hollywood, then went to the Tiki Ti, then El Chavo, then a hot rod tiki art show with pin up models and Tiki Ray was there. then to Formosa in Hollywood, Famous movie writers and actors hang out from back in the day.

Sun. Took my pops to Kona, aka Sams Seafood, and ate and watched the Smokin Menahunes.

so no it wasnt a weekend at Hukilau, but I got my tiki on I would think.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-16 01:19 am   Permalink

We actually held an EVENT this afternoon in the foothills of South Carolina. Drank Kava Bowls and the Tahitian Lanai Rum Punch and listened to CDs by The Haole Cats, The Crazed Mugs, Waitiki, Robert Drasnin and The Intoxicators. Had about 14 people over and served 'em Ginger Chicken Wings, Coconut Rum Shrimp and Rumaki.

A nice time was had by all. And yet... We Missed The People who Make Hukilau So Special!!!

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-16 7:00 pm   Permalink

So I had some free time on Friday morning and did something cool. I hopped into my Tiki-Mobile and drove north on I-95 to Delray Beach and visited the Morikami Museum. Wow, it's an absolutely HUGE and BEAUTIFUL Japanese garden, I think the largest in the US. New York Times called this place a "must see" if you're in Florida. A friend told me not to miss it, and I lucked out because it really was cool. Next time you're in the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area, keep this in mind. The hotel concierge gave me directions how to get there -- pretty easy.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-16 7:17 pm   Permalink

And on Sunday, after the Mai-Kai closing event, I drove 20 minutes south to "Le Tub" in Hollywood, Florida, for what many publications have declared to be the world's best hamburger. It's a huge burger, and it's definitely tasty... The restaurant (really a very relaxed dive-sorta-place) is on the Intracoastal Waterway, a very nice location to relax and enjoy a great burger.

I love the Ft. Lauderdale/Greater Miami area!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation