FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki on television
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Tiki on television
blindy the pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-12 5:45 pm   Permalink

I searched and didn't see a topic on this, so forgive me if there is one out there.

There is a surprising amount of tiki on television. Here is a few examples of what I mean.

There is an episode of Scooby Doo called 'A tiki scare is no fair' that has tikis all through it. (There is an old thread about this episode, but the pictures no longer exist)

In the Futurama episode 'Jurassic Bark', Bender brings Fry a tiki.

The opening credits of the CBS show Big Bang Theory, this picture quickly flashes across the screen. (this one is easy to miss)

King of the hill had an episode where they built a tiki raft. (this got its own thread and got me thinking about a television consolidation topic)

View Profile of blindy the pirate Send a personal message to blindy the pirate  Email blindy the pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-13 1:37 pm   Permalink

yeah there is a thread that covers this
I just did a search about tikis on the telly

Tiki on TV....
an oldie thread, but lotsa great mentions of Tiki in the media.

Also this other thread too:
Tiki Commercial thread too

It's good to see pics posted of finding tiki in the media tho

edit: fixed fer da link! XD

"It's like a Koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

[ This Message was edited by: ravenne 2008-06-13 13:40 ]

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-13 1:56 pm   Permalink

I set my DVR to record anything that had "tiki" in the description -

Who knew there were so many little kids shows with Tikis in them. I actually watched the Scooby Doo episode...someone was pretty keyed into the Tiki element, there are A-frame houses, hula dancing, the whole nine yards. I'm guessing it was made in the late 60's, early 70's?

I cancelled the DVR request when I started getting a million episodes of anything with Tiki Barber in it, however.

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-15 12:44 am   Permalink

The Scooby Doo episode had a couple threads:

Scooby Doo "Tiki Tourist" Action Figures

Scooby Doo - Tiki Scare is No Fair

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-16 3:47 pm   Permalink

Last night on the Venture Brothers, Dr Venture is shown in the past at a bar demanding a Suffering Bastard. Then after he collapses to the floor he demands it again to which the Bartender replies. "I'm still working on it!"

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Agent 86
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-13 10:50 am   Permalink

On HGTV's Don't Sweat It and DIY's Yardcrashers they are each making Tiki bars Saturday, March 13 at 11:30am Pacific Standard Time. I'm not sure how good these bars are going to be.

View Profile of Agent 86 Send a personal message to Agent 86      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeithH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-14 6:25 pm   Permalink

Shawn's dad on Psych (USA Network) has a tiki bar with mugs and stuff in his house. It shows up every once in a while.

View Profile of KeithH Send a personal message to KeithH      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-14 8:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-14 18:25, KeithH wrote:
Shawn's dad on Psych (USA Network) has a tiki bar with mugs and stuff in his house. It shows up every once in a while.

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed - I just figured they had! I saw the mugs there on the last episode! Looks like EVERYone wants in on Tiki now!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Agent 86
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-18 08:20 am   Permalink

On My Classic Car on the Speed Channel there is a car show on the Big Island of Hawaii that has a cool vintage car with Tiki's on it. You can also watch the episode on www.myclassiccar.com

View Profile of Agent 86 Send a personal message to Agent 86      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-04 4:58 pm   Permalink

moved to http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=14293&forum=1&98

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2010-10-04 17:43 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-16 08:43 am   Permalink

I was watching the new show "Prime Suspect" last night that I had TIVO'd. A suspect broke away and two officers chased him through a department store. They found him hiding and one of the officers grabbed a Tiki torch and beat the suspect into submission with the Tiki torch. Not sure if this post belongs here in Tiki on TV or I think at one point I saw another post about Tiki torches being used as weapons?

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2011-10-16 11:07 am   Permalink

On Psych, the father has a bar in the corner of his living room with a cheesy light up Tiki in the background. A recent episode in a fancy mansion had a huge gorgeous painting of tropical women and some nice barware in the background.

There was also an episode called "Camp Tikihama"...I didn't see any Tikis, although here are the lyrics to the camp song.

Camp Tikihama what you are,
Reaches near and reaches far,
From white capped mountains to crystal lakes,
sing out loud for Tiki sakes!

We are friends who bond over bright ember fires,
And to marshmellow dreams we will retire,
Camp Tikihama you're so true,
La-la-la-la-la and then the view,
La-la-la-la-la and then the view!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-16 12:29 am   Permalink

Good Vibes on MTV features a Tiki Bar with some familiar background characters sitting at the bar and some familiar artwork on the walls. You can watch it here: http://www.mtv.com/videos/good-vibes-ep-1-pilot/1672309/playlist.jhtml

When GROG first started working on The Simpsons, there was one artist who had his office decorated Tiki and that was Brad Abelson. He has left The Simpsons and is involved in this show. He was also at Tiki Oasis in August.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2011-11-16 00:40 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-16 08:42 am   Permalink

What great stills! Very lovingly rendered Tiki environs. Unfortunately since it is targeted at teens, its inane, teenage-level stories and humor together with the minimum level animation make it kinda hard to watch.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-16 09:43 am   Permalink

I liked it, but I am admittedly into childish humor.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation