FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki on television
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Tiki on television
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-27 8:58 pm   Permalink

Dan and Wendy, nice video tour.

And Sven's "I work for cocktails" a classic.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-11 9:20 pm   Permalink

Nick Waterhouse video, tiki mugs about 54 seconds in.

http://vimeo.com/40590773

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-07 12:39 am   Permalink

I don't know if there are TV ads for this yet, but on my Kindle I'm getting an ad: ALL TIKI. NO LEAKY. SAY ALOHA TO HUGGIES LITTLE MOVERS HAWAIIAN DIAPERS. (The smart logarithms at Amazon have picked up that I'm into tiki, but they're way off if they think I'll order diapers!)

Sorry I've been following a different Tiki TV thread and I missed this post from BB. Wish the moderators could just combine the three Tiki TV posts into one like they do in the football forums I also follow.

Anyway back to the Huggies Hawaiian Diaper ads, I help shoot the commercial and it was huge, big director, real props, Polynesian dance and everyone on camera were real Polynesian. Being Hawaiian myself and a tikiphile myself I was proud of the whole project but maybe we did too good of a job, maybe combining real culture and modern diapers was deemed not PC. Perhaps if it was more tongue & cheek good fun it would of been more acceptable. Whatever the case what would of been probably the greatest Tiki themed Ad campaign is now semi hidden on the web. Here's a couple of photos to show what I mean:

Polynesian Extras taking a break in the village set

The throne set

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-25 05:26 am   Permalink

mad men season 6 opens up in hawaii.

link

hawaii in 1968? if there is no tiki i will eat my straw hat.

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar 2012-10-25 05:27 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-25 3:00 pm   Permalink

MAD MEN link with more pictures
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2222868/Mad-Men-Jon-Hamm-Jessica-Par-beach-bodies-Hawaii.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

View Profile of martian-tiki Send a personal message to martian-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-25 3:32 pm   Permalink

Here is a re-post of some of those pictures
for future posterity, The new season of "Madmen" should pickup in late 1967
or early 1968, The same year Hawaii 5-0 premiered.

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-10-25 15:35 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-10-25 4:26 pm   Permalink

Cool, Jessica Pare is in the cast now. I guess I'll have to start watching.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zond2
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-28 1:21 pm   Permalink

Billy has a tiki themed birthday party in the 2nd half of season 1 episode 7 ("Tastes Like Chicken") of the "Grimm Adventures of Billy and Mandy"

View Profile of zond2 Send a personal message to zond2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-12-04 12:01 pm   Permalink

American Dad.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-04 12:13 pm   Permalink

Did Grog do?

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-04 1:55 pm   Permalink

Maybe Grog can answer this question: Why of why, with all the talented, Tiki-loving and thus Tiki-savvy cartoon artists out there does a big network TV show rely on these dime-a-dozen, Party City, bain-of-the-Tiki-revival Tikis that are just swiped of the first results when googling "Tiki" on the Internet? (I think I know the answer...)

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-05 8:34 pm   Permalink

so "Poly Pop" doesn't become sold out??

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-05 10:53 pm   Permalink

I believe it is because a lot of the background and other rendering work is farmed out to Asia, where the artists have no clue about Tiki style. Kinda like the Poly-Asian carvings that began flooding the market couple of years ago.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-05 11:53 pm   Permalink

Yes, Animation on American Dad & Family Guy is farmed out to South Korean animators
we got lucky with the Tiki inspired episode of South Park a while back as
all the animation & artwork is done in-house here in the U.S.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-14 08:56 am   Permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iArb-iFGg0M

Way to go Jack!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation