FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Tiki on television
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Tiki on television
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-27 12:10 pm   Permalink

Here you go Sven

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-27 12:19 pm   Permalink

Ha! that's it!
I want that tiki on the floor.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-27 12:38 pm   Permalink

Thanx Ron! Ask and you shall receive. Is that in the Voodoo episode?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-27 1:44 pm   Permalink

That would be "The McHale Mob" episode

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-28 6:15 pm   Permalink

Yes tikis in McHale's Navy were rare. Maybe that's why I posted this gem earlier.

Like most of South Seas TV I am partial to episodes with faux native islanders involved. Chances of finding visual treasures are high. This episode involved the clichés of finding pearls in a lagoon with a native chief. Also Tiki Santos a real Polynesian plays a native on the left.

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-28 10:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks! That's a pretty big Tiki - and of course it stands by one of those pearl fishing lagoons, like they always used to do!

Can't say I can recognize its maker, looks like a studio hack job to me.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-11-05 09:48 am   Permalink

Quite a few tiki artists make skull mugs so I hope this is okay to post here. Does anyone recognize the handiwork? They remind me of PopTiki.

On last nights episode of Bones.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-13 8:33 pm   Permalink

Just watched RACHAEL VS GUY CELEBRITY (2012-current) FOOD NETWORK Sea.3, Ep.2, Titled: “Leis in the Fray”, Aired: 01-13-14. Celebs: Vanilla Ice, Florence Henderson, Tiffiny, Penn Jillette, Herchel Walker, Chris Kattan. Typical Polynesian Pop food which is a bunch of Oriental pupus with a Thai, Chinese and Japanese influence. Tiki mugs, plastic leis and pineapples. Shot at Lee’s Hawaiian Islander in Lyndhurst, New Jersey.

lee's in TC:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=20217&forum=2

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-13 8:48 pm   Permalink

Sorry press the wrong submit button, didn't attached these frames from the show above:

Note tiki behind Rachael:

Didn't get a shot with the Lee's green tiki mugs they used for the judges at the end.

While I'm typing this, watching a "Finding Bigfoot; Surf's Up Sasquatch" no they are not in Hawaii but Santa Cruz, CA with a Samoan host who saw the big ape/human. There will be a luau coming up. It originally aired last Nov.

Have to add these screen shots of "Finding Bigfoot"
Two Hawaiian friends from Kauai roast pig and play ukulele in the Santa Cruz forest. Trying to attrack the big ape. Boy are they stretching. Talk about "jumping the shark". Sorry no tikis, just fake tiki torches in the background.

[ This Message was edited by: creativenative 2014-01-13 21:35 ]

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-14 06:39 am   Permalink

Boy Lee’s Hawaiian Islander was kinda on the party city side of tiki décor.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-01-14 11:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-10-28 18:15, creativenative wrote:
Yes tikis in McHale's Navy were rare. Maybe that's why I posted this gem earlier.

Like most of South Seas TV I am partial to episodes with faux native islanders involved. Chances of finding visual treasures are high. This episode involved the clichés of finding pearls in a lagoon with a native chief. Also Tiki Santos a real Polynesian plays a native on the left.

This looks like the same tiki as above, but without the top knot.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-15 10:50 pm   Permalink

JG Wentworth "Hawaiian Luau" commercial now airing...

aloha, tikicoma

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-16 1:04 pm   Permalink

Haha!!!!!!! I do not know what to think about that J.G Wentwoth commercial. I just stared at it like I'm watching paint dry and going WTF??? The way they dubbed the voices is just wierd.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-01-16 4:55 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2014-01-16 16:55 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-16 6:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-01-16 16:55, GROG wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2014-01-16 16:55 ]

Why edit when you can delete?

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation