FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Tiki on television
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Tiki on television
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-06 6:43 pm   Permalink

Yeah I just saw that commercial too...made me crack up.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jgwentworth

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-06 8:43 pm   Permalink

Hanalei right at the start of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g5xwJGaZPk

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-17 9:50 pm   Permalink

another commercial

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Bo2/captain-morgan-white-rum-white-rum-has-a-new-captain

Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-06 09:02 am   Permalink

Parks & Rec.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-09 12:21 am   Permalink

SNL tonight (3/9) actor sitting at vintage bamboo bar ,shelf in background with 6-8 mugs,2-3 tikis , a “working hula girl
‘lamp, a tiki mask behind the lamp, and a smattering of MCM furniture including the area rug. Cool cuz the skit was followed by the DW tiki commercial. Gonna have that Mai Tai after all. the name of the skit was "what are even doing?” Approx 31 minutes into the show.

Check it out.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-15 09:41 am   Permalink

I was watching The Kids In The Hall season one (1989) last night and I saw what appeared to be a large Tiki on the roof of The Copa (a Toronto dance club of the 80s). I wasn't even sure I'd really seen it until I backed up the dvd and looked at the scene again, but sure enough, it looks like a large gold tiki statue.

I looked online to see if there were any photos, and all I found was this:

You can see it on the roof in the upper right hand corner.

According to
the article, the owners also owned The Ports of Call, so maybe there's a connection there. The article says The Copa closed in 91 or 92. Today the site is a condo building.

Do any Toronto TCers remember this?

"I'm crushing your head"

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mockingbird
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-04-17 07:19 am   Permalink

One of my favorites was the episode of Tiny Toons called "Kon Ducki" Kinda poked a little fun at the Kon Tiki voyage. If you haven't checked it out, it is a good laugh.

View Profile of Mockingbird Send a personal message to Mockingbird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-17 08:19 am   Permalink

OMG that's too funny, love this thread!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-21 10:48 pm   Permalink

Route 66 Season 3
Episode called
Poor Little Kangaroo Rat (1962)
Episode filmed at Marineland of the Pacific and Palos Verdes Estates, California
featuring Leslie Nielsen in a dramatic role (wow,this is an old show)

Tiki Bar scene.

But don't know if it's filmed on location at an actual bar or just a sound stage.

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-22 03:16 am   Permalink

Saw a Tiki Bar in the preview for next weeks episode of Mad Men (looked like the one Tiki Farm
was selling a few years ago)

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Potato.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-01 7:40 pm   Permalink

Lou. Lou has a tiki bar in his office on Mad Men. No one deserves a tiki bar in his office less than Lou.

View Profile of Potato. Send a personal message to Potato.  Goto the website of Potato.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-02 6:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-15 13:59, Trader Tom wrote:
Supernatural, season 7/episode 14, 2012, "Plucky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie" has the brothers staying at the "Tiki Motel" and their room has hula wallpaper, rattan chairs, leopard print drapes, rock walls, and a small Tiki bar with a Tiki standing behind it.

A few more scenes of the Tiki Motel. This one had a few Tiki mugs.

The wallpaper and rattan chairs.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2014-05-04 09:50 am   Permalink

SNL, Season 5, Episode 20 (1979-1980). Bill Murray as lounge-singer Nick "Lava" performing at "Trader Nick's" - a tiki bar decorated with Orchids of Hawaii masks and tiki mugs. Very tiki-savvy for the time, name-dropping cocktails like the Missionary's Downfall, Mai-Tai, Navy Grog and Fogcutter.

Here's a link to a youtube clip of the skit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peulXm2c0Mg

And here's a transcript (though they get some of the dialogue wrong where he sings about the drinks):
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/79/79tnick.phtml

Anyone have this season on DVD, so we could see a few screen-grabs?

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-04 11:59 am   Permalink

Sabu - that clip made my day. Thanks for posting it.

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 12:01 am   Permalink

Route 66 Season 2
Episode called
Between Hello and Goodbye (1962)
Episode filmed at Pacific Ocean Park, Venice, CA
featuring it's tikis

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation