FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Hukilau 2008 Images Here!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Hukilau 2008 Images Here!!
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-06-30 10:01 pm   Permalink

Here's a few more of mine ~

The Three Bears

I like how Squid is using the cymbal as a snack tray while playing with the Haole Cats.

Grrrrr!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 12:39 am   Permalink

As well as being new to Tiki Central this was our first Hukilau, and while we knew it'd be great, we had no idea that it'd be more fun than a rum barrel o' monkeys ... thanks, Christie, for putting something together that was like a dream. It was truly fabulous!

I've been cooped up and sequestered for too long, at work on the final revisions of a big novel, and being a compulsive tikiologist and vintage fiend I thought this would be a welcome getaway to our favorite Tiki Mecca ... nothing like a few Shark Bites and Jet Pilots to clear the head ... but what neither one of us were expecting was the very real 'ohana that colored the whole weekend ... seriously, we met so many wonderful people that seemed like long-lost friends, I really can't believe it -- it was a blast y'all -- our only regret of this very special weekend is not having met everyone, but fortunately (thanks again Christie & Mai-Kai people!) there will be next year!

I'm finally breaking down to get a Flickr page to deal with all the pics, but here's a few to start with:

sarong-o-rama!

tiki bree!

happy hangovers

one of the shots from my holga

oh you know it!

jens and marisol

inky, kurt, charles, mr smiley (and is that the guy from the cinci bengals in the background?)

charles and marie

jean, al, michael

deep in discussion

in the gardens

yummy!

greg and lady friend

everyone's favorite maitre'd ... patrick!

gift shop gals

aloha and mahalo -- let's do it again!

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-01 01:20 am   Permalink

Beg pardon while I interrupt the photos for an important announcement:

"Mermaids & Mai-Kai", a Hukilau reunion of sorts, will take place on Friday, July 11, at The Wreck Bar and The Mai-Kai (of course). There will two happy hours, food and drink specials, a mermaid show, live rockabilly from Slip & The Spinouts and ladies night all night.

Here's the event thread:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=28926&forum=&0

Hope to see all the locals there so we can swap a Hukilau story or two (or three).

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Scopitone

Posted: 2008-07-02 07:16 am   Permalink

View Profile of Doctor Scopitone Send a personal message to Doctor Scopitone  Email Doctor Scopitone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-03 3:45 pm   Permalink

Alohaaa everybody!

Wow, what a beautiful bunch of photos here. I can still feel it and would like to turn the watch hand back.
I was such a great party at the Bahia Cannonball Cabana and we really enjoyed every minute of our trip.
Last week I checked our 644 photos we made and post about 100 of them on our website.
Here is the link:
Hukilau pictures

I would also like to post some of these photos on TC, but at the moment I start a trip to Switzerland and than to the island Rügen.
So I have not enough time at the moment. Next week when I will be back again, I will post some.

Thank you all so much for your great hospitality and all the nice time we spend together during the Hukilau.
I´m very happy, that I made it.

Cheers, Kai

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-03 3:45 pm   Permalink

Alohaaa everybody!

Wow, what a beautiful bunch of photos here. I can still feel it and would like to turn the watch hand back.
I was such a great party at the Bahia Cannonball Cabana and we really enjoyed every minute of our trip.
Last week I checked our 644 photos we made and post about 100 of them on our website.
Here is the link:
Hukilau pictures

I would also like to post some of these photos on TC, but at the moment I start a trip to Switzerland and than to the island Rügen.
So I have not enough time at the moment. Next week when I will be back again, I will post some.

Thank you all so much for your great hospitality and all the nice time we spend together during the Hukilau.
I´m very happy, that I made it.

Cheers, Kai

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-04 12:29 am   Permalink

One of the local weekly papers ran a pretty big story on Hukilau and the Mai-Kai. Although the writer was pretty clueless (she apparently missed the announcement that this wasn't the last Hukilau and, amusingly, she was under the impression that the waitresses were actually "bartenders") the article paints a pretty festive picture of the event.

And it ends with a classic exchange with Hanford Lemoore, who even manged to get in a plug for TikiCentral.com ...

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2008-06-26/music/aloha-goodbye-no-way/

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brittanie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-09 08:33 am   Permalink

I know it's a month later but my pictures are finally up on Flickr. You can see the Hukilau pics
here or you can view all the pics from our two-week road trip through Florida.

You can also see photos from the last Hukilau we attended, the infamous Hurricane Hukilau in 2004.

We had a great time after missing Hukilau for four years. We are so grateful to be back in the USA with like-minded folk and are eager to see friends old and new at the soon-to-be announced (right?...) Texas Tikiphile Gathering and Tiki Oasis next month.

View Profile of Brittanie Send a personal message to Brittanie  Email Brittanie Goto the website of Brittanie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-09 08:56 am   Permalink

OMIGOSH Brittanie!

You do make a splendid Mermaid!
I'm gonna have to make sure you swim with me again next year~

Your Sub-Aquatic Wahine,
~Marina~

View Profile of Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! Send a personal message to Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!  Goto the website of Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 5:53 pm   Permalink

C'monnn Marina, don't I make a splendid merman??
Wellll, I dunno....Davin's got a pretty unique body-bend goin there.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 1:08 pm   Permalink

bump

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiKayaki

Posted: 2008-07-22 9:27 pm   Permalink

Jeez DavyWavy - Face About To Explode Man. I know I know, nothin' but love. I couldn't have planned that shot if I tried!
davin

View Profile of TikiKayaki Send a personal message to TikiKayaki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-27 6:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I'm finally breaking down to get a Flickr page to deal with all the pics, but here's a few to start with:

It took us over a month but we finally
got them up on Flickr ...

We had time during the Hukilau to do a little bit of tiki & mimo urban archeology and that's also mixed in with the set.

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-07-27 7:19 pm   Permalink

Mike and Marie,

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-27 7:24 pm   Permalink

So, who is the pro photographer...Mike or Marie...or both ?

Man, amazing shots....none of the Orchestra tho'

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation