FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Devolution back in ???
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki Devolution back in ???
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-06-16 9:57 pm   Permalink

The ad is from the 60's. I know that's a crappy answer but I'll have to go back to the library and write the year down. It was from the first time I found any ads so I was freaking out and forgot to take notes. Here is another ad, this one is from the 80's and it's no longer open 24 Hours

My sister worked there in the early 80's and I went in there a couple of times. I don't remember any of those Puffy Tiki Snow People being there then.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-15 11:19 am   Permalink

WOW. I must have missed this place the first time the post was going around. Another great googie bowling alley with a Tiki twist. Here is a great old B & W photo I found showing the sign, the building and the Tiki things.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tattoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-19 8:35 pm   Permalink

Found this Tropicana Lanes postcard where the "Polynesian atmosphere prevails throughout this fabulous 56 lane community bowling center." Uh hum. Besides the ferns I don't quite see the Polynesian atmosphere prevailing here. Regardless, I have to give them some credit for this fine lobby. At least what might have been the lobby...

View Profile of Tattoo Send a personal message to Tattoo  Email Tattoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation