FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Review the Mai Kai Experience.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Review the Mai Kai Experience.
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 10:37 am   Permalink

I thought the Grandfather Barrel replaced rum with Bourbon?

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 11:25 am   Permalink

I didn't know that. I'm not sure. I was told (by someone hanging out in the bar) that it was aged rums. There may have well ben bourbon in there, but I didn't really detect it. It certainly was the smoothest cocktail I've had in a great while.

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 07:11 am   Permalink

I didn't know about this drink. One more reason to take another trip to Ft. Lauderdale!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kosmotiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-26 6:00 pm   Permalink

This was the absolute best tiki bar we'd ever been to - we couldn't stop talking about it for days. We went to the Virgin Islands right after the Hukilau to see my brother, and on the way back home to SF we had a connection in FLL ... missed it due to bad weather, so we spent the night in FLL on the evening of the 18th and went to the Mai Kai AGAIN!

We can't express how happy we are that it is not closing. Whew!

View Profile of kosmotiki Send a personal message to kosmotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation