FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Big Interior Remodel, Starts on page 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Big Interior Remodel, Starts on page 3
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-23 2:05 pm   Permalink

wow! that place is lookin good! i like seeing the before and after!
tony

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Zen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-23 2:30 pm   Permalink

Fantastic job! I think the front of the A-frame cries out for a big tiki mask.

View Profile of Tiki Zen Send a personal message to Tiki Zen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 07:24 am   Permalink

Finally finished all the main stuff. just a few small things left. Done enough to have a few friends over. Here's a few shots all decorated & ready to party. I got so wrapped up to being the host & (I had a few Mai Tai's) I forgot to take pictures of the party.

Still looking for something to go the A-frame, not sold on the orange paint either. I am now working on a puffer fish light bar to go across the header. Is a Tiki Bar ever really done?

Thank you to all who have posted comments. Murph & Martini Kings, after checking out your places I really appreciate your comments.

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 08:36 am   Permalink

Great job....inspiration and ideas....thanks for sharing and keep posting on your paradise updates.

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 11:58 am   Permalink

Outstanding! Great job.

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 12:06 pm   Permalink

pops, great job, attention to detail, looks great by the pool, love it!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
machinelf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-30 12:07 pm   Permalink

Wow! Great looking bar!

View Profile of machinelf Send a personal message to machinelf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 10:15 am   Permalink

Here are a few shot of the puffer fish light bar / header I just finished this weekend. This was my last project before getting ready for Oasis. Thanks again to all who posted comments. See you all in a few days.
Mike

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 2:40 pm   Permalink

Place looks great Tiki Pops , I have been watching your thread.I got an idea about
the A frame area for you.Also the white post going across your fence near the bar
look a little out of wack being stark white.I will PM you .

[ This Message was edited by: 1961surf 2009-08-10 14:44 ]

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 3:44 pm   Permalink

I am REALLY diggin' this outdoor bar! You've got the proportions right, the lighting right, the bamboo, lahala, tapa... it all looks very very good. Did you spray any poly on that lahala to keep it from rotting away in the sun and rain?

I'd consider a tapa print (faux or real) on the orange-y part of your A frame and then mount a flat carving of some sort or maybe a spear or club or two. Or if you're handy with the paint, try something like this:

Oh, and one bit of constructive criticism. If it were me, I would add a big ole tiki or two on one or both ends. Because, after all, it ain't a tiki bar unless...

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 08:44 am   Permalink

Nice job! I love to see people go the extra mile for the A frame and not just a flat roof!

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 11:38 am   Permalink

1961surf: Yeah, I know the white fence boards have to go. I have been concentrating on the bar only. I'm not sure if I want to strip them & carve on them or replace them with bammboo. I will eventually cover the brick colums also. Thanks for comments. I still have those chairs in my garage to re-finish. I'll be calling you on those later.

GatorRob: I like the tapa print idea. I had been thinking of something like that ever since I saw Howland's thread. I know I need some tikis. I want some large ones but $ is always a concern. I'll be spraying everything after Oasis. Thanks for looking Rob

tikitony: I couldn't have a tiki bar without an A-frame. See you at Oasis, Maybe even pick-up a tikitony original for the bar. Thanks Tony

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 11:52 pm   Permalink

Fantastic looking little bar - you should be very proud mate!

And yeh, I second a tapa cloth design on the end of the A-frame. Check out the PNG embassy here in Australia:

and a close up

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-12 5:03 pm   Permalink

Amazing how TC people think along the same lines .I have got some great ideas that
will knock his socks off .Cant wait to have a drink at his bar and dive in the pool.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-12 6:04 pm   Permalink

pops, great way to show the puffers! the whole thing has come together!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation