FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The 8th Tiki Central Tiki Crawl -- October 9-12, 2008 - UPDATE: Official Mug and more announced!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
The 8th Tiki Central Tiki Crawl -- October 9-12, 2008 - UPDATE: Official Mug and more announced!
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-14 9:13 pm   Permalink

Favorite conversation of the crawl, me calling UB after he said he was going to go look for an Irish pub in the city around 9:30pm Friday night.

Jungle: "Hey, where are you?"
UB: "I'm at O'Reilly's."
Jungle: "Okay, how do I get there?"
UB: "I don't know how you'll get here"
Jungle: "Nooo, where is it?"
UB: "I couldn't tell you where it is"
Jungle: irritation, "How did you GET there?"
UB: "I don't know how I got here" Walks outside, "Okay, it's on Green St. Just ax for directions, I don't know where it is, it's on Green St."

I finally walked a few blocks and found it. Once I sat down he told me he walked in and everyone was staring at him, then he looked down and there was his "Unga Bunga" name tag still on his shirt.

Unga Bunga is a brave man. He sought refuge and he found it in the oldest Irish Pub in San Francisco, O'Reilly's. Thanks for the free room at The Hyatt Regency, great view. Thanks to all the organizers too and to old friends and new ones (croe and Conquistador Tiki....errr, Iniquitiki, Ron.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
toofastjim
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-15 8:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone - organizers, attendees and mixologists alike for a great experiences. Cady and I had a wonderful time on our first Crawl - so nice to visit bars like Forbidden Island and Trader Vics & have drinks the way they're supposed to be made!

toofastjim

View Profile of toofastjim Send a personal message to toofastjim  Goto the website of toofastjim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-20 9:59 pm   Permalink

It always takes me a bit to wind down after the crawl before being able to compose myself, reflect, and thank everyone for the good times on the Tiki Crawl.

I've posted my full recap on
Tiki Crawl Website. Please check it out! Mahalo!

http://www.tikiroom.com/misc/

Here's an excerpt:
Quote:

Thanks go out to the following people:

* Nacho, who worked nonstop to kick out a wonderful Tiki Mug design (plus other stuff!) in record time.
* DJs Dean "The Jab" Curtis and Otto Von Stroheim for kicking out the exotic tunes on Friday night.
* The Maikai Gents & Project: Pimento for making the Tiki Crawl sound better than it has in years. It's excellent to see great bands play inside of true Tiki bars.
* The folks at Rhum Clement who generously donated spirits.
* Everyone who brought food on Sunday.
* Al, Blair, Midnight, Jason, Megan, Chad, Humu, Mark, Kate, Boris, and everyone else who I am forgetting who helped move boxes, carried ice, loaded & unloaded, counted heads, guarded mugs, handed out badges, wrangled name tags, hosted out-of-towners, transported mugs, loaned out iPods, and overall made life easier for everyone on the Crawl. We appreciate all the effort you guys put in to an event where you should be relaxing and enjoying.

http://www.tikiroom.com/misc/

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation