||The 8th Tiki Central Tiki Crawl -- October 9-12, 2008 - UPDATE: Official Mug and more announced!
Joined: Jan 04, 2003
From: Trader's Jungle Outpost, Turlock, Ca.
|Posted: 2008-10-14 9:13 pm  Permalink|
Favorite conversation of the crawl, me calling UB after he said he was going to go look for an Irish pub in the city around 9:30pm Friday night.
Jungle: "Hey, where are you?"
UB: "I'm at O'Reilly's."
Jungle: "Okay, how do I get there?"
UB: "I don't know how you'll get here"
Jungle: "Nooo, where is it?"
UB: "I couldn't tell you where it is"
Jungle: irritation, "How did you GET there?"
UB: "I don't know how I got here" Walks outside, "Okay, it's on Green St. Just ax for directions, I don't know where it is, it's on Green St."
I finally walked a few blocks and found it. Once I sat down he told me he walked in and everyone was staring at him, then he looked down and there was his "Unga Bunga" name tag still on his shirt.
Unga Bunga is a brave man. He sought refuge and he found it in the oldest Irish Pub in San Francisco, O'Reilly's. Thanks for the free room at The Hyatt Regency, great view. Thanks to all the organizers too and to old friends and new ones (croe and Conquistador Tiki....errr, Iniquitiki, Ron.
Joined: Nov 11, 2005
|Posted: 2008-10-15 8:20 pm  Permalink|
Thanks to everyone - organizers, attendees and mixologists alike for a great experiences. Cady and I had a wonderful time on our first Crawl - so nice to visit bars like Forbidden Island and Trader Vics & have drinks the way they're supposed to be made!
Joined: Mar 23, 2002
From: Tiki Central
|Posted: 2008-10-20 9:59 pm  Permalink|
It always takes me a bit to wind down after the crawl before being able to compose myself, reflect, and thank everyone for the good times on the Tiki Crawl.
I've posted my full recap on Tiki Crawl Website. Please check it out! Mahalo!
Here's an excerpt:
Thanks go out to the following people:
* Nacho, who worked nonstop to kick out a wonderful Tiki Mug design (plus other stuff!) in record time.
* DJs Dean "The Jab" Curtis and Otto Von Stroheim for kicking out the exotic tunes on Friday night.
* The Maikai Gents & Project: Pimento for making the Tiki Crawl sound better than it has in years. It's excellent to see great bands play inside of true Tiki bars.
* The folks at Rhum Clement who generously donated spirits.
* Everyone who brought food on Sunday.
* Al, Blair, Midnight, Jason, Megan, Chad, Humu, Mark, Kate, Boris, and everyone else who I am forgetting who helped move boxes, carried ice, loaded & unloaded, counted heads, guarded mugs, handed out badges, wrangled name tags, hosted out-of-towners, transported mugs, loaned out iPods, and overall made life easier for everyone on the Crawl. We appreciate all the effort you guys put in to an event where you should be relaxing and enjoying.