FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts TikiMango's Art- P6 New Art: Tiki Flyer
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
TikiMango's Art- P6 New Art: Tiki Flyer
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 06:58 am   Permalink

Nice drawing Mang.

I can dig it, kinda' like the dogs shootin' billiards but for a tiki pad.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-23 6:52 pm   Permalink

Here's the finished painting, I call it "The Rum Thinker". This will probably be the last painting that I will do in 2008. I can't wait to start the next year. Maybe I'll try to improve on my backgrounds for "more completed" looking paintings in the future. I've never tackled landscapes or architectural subjects.

Acrylic on 11x14 stretched canvas.

His mouth looks weird here, but normal in the actual painting.

A little detail of the Special Reserve Rum bottle.

Thanks to everyone that has offered criticism and encouragement on this thread. It keeps me going.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-23 7:00 pm   Permalink

Keep it up man! One of these days I'll get my brains and hands working on something as well

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-20 7:41 pm   Permalink

All right! My first painting of the New Year. A friend of mine wanted a painting as a gift to remember our time here in SoCal. One of the things that we use to do was scuba dive. I've been off of Avalon, Anacapa and Farnsworth Banks, plus numerous other beach dives, so I thought a sunken tiki head would be appropriate.

Here's the Sinky Tiki, 12x24, acrylic on canvas.

Water was a light wash that was wiped away quickly with a paper towel.

I can't wait to get back to FL so I don't have to dive in a 7mm suit.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-14 08:07 am   Permalink

Maybe not "tiki" per se, but I think these would be right at home in any tiki setting. I don't know why quality skull models are so hard to find and are so expensive. Maybe kids just aren't building models anymore. I made this for a friend, and it's sitting in his tikified garage. Base coat of sprayed OD green with enamel blue and red details, aged teeth, and sprayed flat-coat last. The head band hides a seam of the cranial cavity, a sacrificed shirt.

In the darker lighting, the colors look very subdued.

With the flash, he kind of looks a bit gaudy, but there's always room for gaudy.

I found it rather difficult to maintain symmetry while painting this guy. I probably could have done a better job if I had planned out the design, but since this was my first one, I just winged it. I like how the added beads and feathers look, gives it a nice primitive look.

TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-16 9:03 pm   Permalink

Here's my second Skull Token, with more traditional Polynesian designs.

kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-16 11:08 pm   Permalink

Realy cool mango ... is this second guy gonna be on a reality show,cuz it looks like he just had his teeth whitened...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-17 7:56 pm   Permalink

Very cool but I have to admit I favor the second one. Even the stands are cool!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-17 11:01 pm   Permalink

I agree, I think the second one came out much better, white teeth and all. Thanks for the comment.

TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-20 09:58 am   Permalink

This is a 12x24 acrylic painting I call "Me, Myself, and I". I was inspired by a painting that Mr. NoNaMe posted over at Tiki Finds, by Hodad.

Here are a few close-ups of each face. Each face actually consists of two faces looking at each other.

Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-20 10:05 am   Permalink

thats pretty cool. clean, simple, got t-shirt potential!

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-21 08:20 am   Permalink

two thumbs up!
good size!
Tiki modern
with a late 70's early 80's bleed
Good un!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-26 12:14 am   Permalink

I'm a proud owner of a TikiMango piece! Please excuse the room for it will be eye pleasing soon. Also I want to say Ray aka Mango is good people and probably the coolest person I've met in awhile. Florida will be lucky to have such a dude there.

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Joe 2009-02-26 00:15 ]

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-26 1:54 pm   Permalink

You are too kind, thanks. I hope the little Cook finds a sweet spot in your home tiki bar.

tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 10:35 am   Permalink

Hey TikiMango!

The Rum Thinker is great! and I really dig the wash over the underwater tiki, great effect!

Me, Myself and I is my favorite, though... very nice!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation