FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts TikiMango's Art- P6 New Art: Tiki Flyer
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
TikiMango's Art- P6 New Art: Tiki Flyer
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 10:59 am   Permalink

Thanks for the comments Eric. Sorry I couldn't attend the Kona art show, looks like you organized a great event.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-21 8:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-26 00:14, Coco Joe wrote:
I'm a proud owner of a TikiMango piece! Please excuse the room for it will be eye pleasing soon. Also I want to say Ray aka Mango is good people and probably the coolest person I've met in awhile. Florida will be lucky to have such a dude there.

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Joe 2009-02-26 00:15 ]

update

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-22 08:01 am   Permalink

Looking good!

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 07:40 am   Permalink

Wow, I haven't posted here in a long time. I guess I've been too absorbed into the bone carving.

Well, I still haven't gotten my stuff together to start painting anything new, but wanted to show a graphic I created for some t-shirts I'm thinking about getting silk screened. I hope you likey? Just something a little fun for those that hate Aloha/Hawaiian shirts.

TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 09:30 am   Permalink

Rather than investing in silk screening shirts, have you looked into something like Cafe Press where you can put your graphic on a whole array of products. TornadoTiki has done this with her storm chasing stuff at:

http://www.cafepress.com/skydiary

I'm sure she can answer any questions that you might have about it.

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 1:39 pm   Permalink

bump

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-11 2:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Wow, I haven't posted here in a long time. I guess I've been too absorbed into the bone carving

That's OK, your bone carvings ROCK!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 5:28 pm   Permalink

I like the shirt concept, I've never seen that one before. I think I'd want one.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 5:04 pm   Permalink

MooneyTiki, thanks for the bump. Is that a nudge that you want me to start painting again? I'd like to, I'm just not in a position to start-up again.

MadDogMike, thanks for praise. I enjoy bone carving a lot.

Robb, thank you for the shirt comment. I hade 30 for Tiki Oasis, but had my size mix bass ackwards. I had a few smalls left, but they've been scattered to the Four Winds.

Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-16 3:18 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2009-09-14 17:04, TikiMango wrote:
MooneyTiki, thanks for the bump. Is that a nudge that you want me to start painting again? I'd like to, I'm just not in a position to start-up again.

I'm with Mooney, Ray! Hope you adjust your position and make summore art~!

Cheers

Andy

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-16 7:49 pm   Permalink

"Is that a nudge that you want me to start painting again? I'd like to, I'm just not in a position to start-up again".
Ray, Im having a funk getting started again myself. Good to meet you at Oasis and just went through you thread again
and found this

I love it man. I agree with the others, seeing some more of your art would
be sweet, But take your time. MP

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-27 08:56 am   Permalink

Wow, been about 6 months since I've slung any paint! The bone carving has definitely monopolized my time and creative energies. I gotta thank MooneyTiki for lighting a subtle fire under me. This week I decided I had to get back to painting, but was on a pretty limited budget. I managed to purchase a 9x12 canvas and a few tubes of acrylic paint and cheap brushes. It's amazing how hard (IE expensive) it is to restock your supplies when you have nothing.

Thinking about what to paint was the hardest thing, but then it hit me. One of my favorite movies is The Incredible Mr. Limpet starring Don Knotts, and I've been on some Maori kick the past month. So I thought I would combine the two. I can't recall seeing that mixture before, so here goes... I present The Incredible Mr. Mokoed.

I liked the smaller size canvas, fits almost completely on my scanner. It was fun mixing all the colors I needed from just primary colors, white and black. However, I'll never paint another gray suite as long as I live.

A close-up of the moko designs on his face, I think I might have lost Don under all that moko! I didn't quite capture that frazzled, frightened, wide-eyed look I was hoping for.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMango 2009-10-12 18:53 ]

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-27 11:22 am   Permalink

Oh i didn't know you paint too, i guess i hang more at the carving section.. nice!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-27 11:27 am   Permalink

thats so great my favorite piece so far!!! well done

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 04:33 am   Permalink

Tiki Joe's Pop and MP, great to finally meet both of you at TO9. Thanks for the kind words. MP, you'll start when you start, then it will all come flooding out. I can't wait to see what develops.

Clarita, yes, a little painting here, a little carving there... I can't seem to master one as well as you have. Thank you.

Sophista-tiki, thank you. I'm digging this version of Don a lot as well. I'm stuck on the People Mover through Nostalgialand, and I'm not quite ready to get off yet.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation