[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Mahiki Rum
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Mahiki Rum
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-20 01:30 am   Permalink

Mahiki Rum is here!

Not sure if it will be available in the US, but I do know a certain travelling musician has a bottle of each stashed in his Ukelele case that he may be willing to share.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 01:24 am   Permalink

http://www.mahikirum.com/

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-24 06:27 am   Permalink

Better ingredients.

Better tiki.

Papa Jules

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Count Silvio

Posted: 2008-06-24 07:02 am   Permalink

I will be reviewing these rums in the near future on my website. The Cognac Cask Rum is not available in the UK yet but will be later according to my contact. According to Papa Jules you can get the white and gold rums from Venus at a significantly cheaper price. I'm not sure if it was http://www.venusandco.com he was refering to.

View Profile of Count Silvio Send a personal message to Count Silvio  Goto the website of Count Silvio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilands
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-26 10:21 am   Permalink

Are these available in the US?

View Profile of tikilands Send a personal message to tikilands  Email tikilands     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Count Silvio

Posted: 2008-06-28 02:15 am   Permalink

I don't think they are yet because it was just launched. I'll find out.

View Profile of Count Silvio Send a personal message to Count Silvio  Goto the website of Count Silvio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 07:05 am   Permalink

I had a chance to taste this rum last night at the Tonga Hut, King Kukulele brought two bottles there for us to sample, I preferred the dark one. It was very good. Would be nice to be able to purchase this rum here in the States.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Count Silvio

Posted: 2008-07-04 1:26 pm   Permalink

I got the White Rum and Gold Rum today. Reviews will be published sometime next week. The third rum I will get when it is released in the UK.

Count Silvio

Posted: 2008-07-08 4:21 pm   Permalink

I have published the first review of the white rum. In this exclusive review there is also interesting dates regarding distribution in other countries such as the US. Enjoy!

Count Silvio

Posted: 2008-07-16 11:45 am   Permalink

The Gold Rum has been reviewed, it is a pretty nice rum but I'd probably wait for the prices to drop before rushing off to buy one from Selfridges or perhaps it is better to wait till September when they will be more widely available. I've also included some cocktail making in this review (with pics!).

[ This Message was edited by: Count Silvio 2008-07-16 11:47 ]

arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-17 2:41 pm   Permalink

I'm curious as to how this rum is being made. Is Mahiki contracting with a distiller? And since both this and Tommy Bahama rums are from Barbados, are they possibly one and the same?

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Count Silvio

Posted: 2008-07-18 04:45 am   Permalink

How it is made is mentioned in the reviews. Papa Jules is working together with Richard Seale.

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-07-22 11:10 pm   Permalink

Tommy Bahama and Mahiki rums are not the same, but they do come from the same distillery & blender. I tried both in May when I was visiting Richard Seale and the Mahiki has a higher percentage of their pot distillate in the blend then the Tommy Bahama.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Count Silvio

Posted: 2008-09-20 05:13 am   Permalink

Hey guys, Mahiki Rums should become more widely available sometime this month. The exclusive deal with Selfridges has ended.

Rum Connection
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-16 2:25 pm   Permalink

The exclusive at Selfridges is over and the price has dropped a bit. This is a really nice rum, in my opinion, and the bottle design and presentation make it all the better.

View Profile of Rum Connection Send a personal message to Rum Connection  Goto the website of Rum Connection     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation