FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki Lee's Carving Post: 1st carving since '09!?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Lee's Carving Post: 1st carving since '09!?
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-18 09:04 am   Permalink

Mahaloz, Guys!

4WD & Conga: I wish I had kept up on the carving like you all. I might be making better quality stuff instead of staying the same and I wouldn't be so jealous!

BD: I used a 2" by 12" by 3' Redwood board for this last one. I picked it up in Cali after the last Tiki Oasis; that's how long it's been sitting around waiting to be carved!

LLT: If I could carve like you paint... wow. I'd be set for life!

Thanks Again!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-18 5:18 pm   Permalink

Right on Lee looking good.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-05 10:17 pm   Permalink

Aloha Again!

Well, I just got my piece done for the current Tiki Art Swap, and realised there's a lot of stuff I did for this year's Oasis that I never posted. I didn't get to go to Oasis, so it's mostly all going to the shop to collect dust and not be sold like the rest of the stuff I have there.

Here's the Frankie's Menu inspired art for the swap:

It's a redwood plank and measures 18" by 12".

Here's a shelving unit I made specifically for all 8 of the mugs that you get a Frankie's. I haven't gotten the last two yet, so two classics had to fill in for the photos!

All three sides are carved!

Here's how it looks in the grand scheme of things in my Tiki Room:

This next one is about 4' tall. I didn't get any good shots of it before I took it to the shop. I'll have to take my tripod down there and photograph it properly.

I also made two "Jungle Rot" tikis that are down at the shop. I'll take a few shots and get 'em up here soon.

Mahaloz!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-06 09:00 am   Permalink

Great carves Lee!

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-06 3:29 pm   Permalink

Way kool stuff Lee,the mug shelf is fantastic!
Cheers Watango

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-06 7:54 pm   Permalink

Mahaloz for the compliments!

Here's the other pictures of the other two that I made for Oasis that didn't get there. They are both part of my "Jungle Rot" series. That's about all Vegas Palm is good for.

This Squatty Guy sold today after I took this picture!

And finally, here's the big 4-footer all varnished up and hanging on the wall with all of his brothers and sisters; waiting for someone to come and give him a new home...

Mahaloz Plenny!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-07 03:20 am   Permalink

Hey T Lee, Cool stuff, it's Nice to see you posting your works again, Really Love that "Jungle Rot" series. Now don't forget those Other photos that you are going to take!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-08 9:22 pm   Permalink

Looking good tiki lee, love the pad full of cool art works.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-09 4:52 pm   Permalink

Thanks Again, Seeks!

Benz, thanks for liking, or pretending to like, the Jungle Rot series.
Those latest picture ARE the "other ones" I promised to post, by the way. Did I forget something I told ya that I was gonna post?

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-10 10:03 am   Permalink

OK, I thought you had a whole herd of tikis hidden from us you were gonna take photos of and post. Dreaming I guess? Just trying to get you back carving more stuff!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 12:23 pm   Permalink

Tiki Lee, You've got some cool carves goin on here. Keep slayin the wood it's Great for the heart and mind!!! Keep it up, Aloha, Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-18 6:31 pm   Permalink

I just wanted to post a better shot of the big 4 footer with proper lighting at home since the lighting in the above photo at my shop isn't the perty-est!

He's up for sale on eBay right now. I hope he sells!

Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-18 6:42 pm   Permalink

Lee, I love what you do, the styles you choose to create are good choices and go well with a particular flavor of vintage.
Yea "jungle Rot" series . very cool. I want one please.
Dawn

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-24 4:03 pm   Permalink

Wow...
it's been over three YEARS since I've carved anything, and even longer since I've carved palm!
Today, I got the overwhelming urge to start wackin' away at a little two footer....

Feels good to be at it again.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-24 6:56 pm   Permalink

Good for you Lee! I know that keeping my hands busy is good therapy for me and probably good for you too. No progress pics?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation