FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Disneyland Enchanted Tiki Room Art Event TODAY JUNE 22, 2008
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Disneyland Enchanted Tiki Room Art Event TODAY JUNE 22, 2008
Miehana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-22 01:45 am   Permalink

A note about the special gallery event at Disneyland this morning (all artists will be signing their work from 8AM to 11AM on Main Street).
I posted more detailed information here:
http://miehana.blogspot.com/
Jody and I will be at the Main Street Cinema with the new Tiki Room collectibles items we've been working on this year. Drop by and see us if you're planning to attend!

-Kevin Kidney

View Profile of Miehana Send a personal message to Miehana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-22 03:04 am   Permalink

That fountain is awesome...I am hoping to get one. The Sacramento Ohana has representation there today with our shopping lists in his hot little hand. Happy shopping to all the TCers who make the event.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zombiepops
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-22 07:08 am   Permalink

My wife and I are gonna be there. We've flown all the way from the east coast and are all excited about this.

View Profile of zombiepops Send a personal message to zombiepops      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 11:40 am   Permalink

I had friends who were going to D-land today anyway so I gave them a shopping list and cash last night. Crossing my fingers they get me some good stuff!

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
disneydan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-22 12:53 pm   Permalink

Just got back from the Tiki Room event. This was the most poorly managed event that I have ever attended at Disneyland. They advertised the event as starting at 8am, we got there at 6am. To start it all off they let in people early that stay at the Hotels (and some that did not) I can understand that, but they should have everyone waiting for the event have a fair chance of getting in line, maybe giving out wrist bands. The main fiasco began when we were informed that they only had 60 fountains in stock due to labor disputes in China. Instead of taking our names in the order that we were in line they stated that we would have to call in on Monday morning to their merchandise services department to see if we can order them. As you can imagine, this had everyone very upset, most people came specifically for the fountain (one couple flew in from Denver) I was so upset that I went to City Hall to complain, I was getting nowhere until the wonderful woman that was behind me in line showed up at City Hall. She took the issue to the top, I don’t know who she spoke with but they spoke with event management and they changed their minds about not taking orders. After that the Head of merchandising and the Event manager came down the line telling us that they would take our names and call us when the fountains were available. When they started taking names we told them that we would be traveling in Costa Rica in a few weeks and they took the dates and stated that they would call us after our trip, great customer service. I ended up getting everything I wanted yet we were in the first 1/4 of the line - several items had shortages. I feel bad for the people behind us.

View Profile of disneydan Send a personal message to disneydan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-22 1:05 pm   Permalink

Oh dear, that is not good news. So many enthusiasts invested money into their travel there for a fair chance at the merchandise. I won't complain if I get nothing...but I sure hope that those that showed up to the event were able to come away with something.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 2:15 pm   Permalink

I was there a month ago, and I went in to talk to Disneyanna cast members.I asked a few questions about the event. They didn't't know much either.

I feel for you, I am glad you received the items you wanted. The event Management should know how to handle this type of event by now.

I was going to fly down for this event. I am so glad I didn't. I wanted some stuff , but that was the key word WANT I don't need any of it. I might call tomorrow to see if there is anything I wanted is still in stock. Or if they will be getting more in.

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksheep uncle

Posted: 2008-06-22 2:19 pm   Permalink

I have heard from some of my Disney friends that Disney seemed to have WILDLY underestimated the popularity of this event...

I'm almost glad some stuff came up that kept me from being able to go today

View Profile of blacksheep uncle Send a personal message to blacksheep uncle  Goto the website of blacksheep uncle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-22 3:29 pm   Permalink

Two Thumbs Down to The Disneyana Shop for making The Happiest Place on Earth the Most Unhappiest Place on Earth today. We arrived at Disneyland this morning around 5:45am and literally stood in line for 5 hours. Like mentioned before this event was totally unorganized. Thank goodness we saw a few familiar faces from TC to help brighten our day.

Happy Anniversary Enchanted Tiki Room!!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 3:36 pm   Permalink

See you at Buster's WooHooWahine, I got Scott to take a nap so he'll be all ready to go.

Jen

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomobile
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 3:55 pm   Permalink

Hello,
I wasn't able to drive to Southern California for this event. I saw the list of merchandise on disney gallery's website. Was there any additional merchandise there that is not pictured on the website? Any pictures of the merchandise sold at the store today would warm my heart. Any further reports on the merchandise itself? Any look better or different in person than on the website? Anything missing (other than the fountain)? Thanks!
Dying to learn more....
Louis

View Profile of Atomobile Send a personal message to Atomobile      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 4:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-22 12:53, disneydan wrote:
I was so upset that I went to City Hall to complain, I was getting nowhere until the wonderful woman that was behind me in line showed up at City Hall. She took the issue to the top, I don’t know who she spoke with but they spoke with event management and they changed their minds about not taking orders. After that the Head of merchandising and the Event manager came down the line telling us that they would take our names and call us when the fountains were available. When they started taking names we told them that we would be traveling in Costa Rica in a few weeks and they took the dates and stated that they would call us after our trip, great customer service. I ended up getting everything I wanted yet we were in the first 1/4 of the line - several items had shortages. I feel bad for the people behind us.

Well, that is good news. Now you will be able to sell those fountains on ebay along with the other items you picked up and have already listed today. Whew, I bet that was a close one for you! No wonder you felt so sorry for those people in line behind you.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 5:07 pm   Permalink

My friends just called me and told me what they were able to get for me. I was not expecting them to spend their D-land day in line so they waited till 4pm to hit the shop. I got the "babies", 2 shot glasses, the pitcher and some bar towels. I missed out on the Rongo bowl and I could not afford the fountain anyway. I am just SO happy they were able to find anything this late in the day!

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 6:28 pm   Permalink

Tiki Kinniki and I walked in at 8 am and could not believe the line which was great but they only let a small group in at a time to shop . I could see this was going nowhere . Soccer Tiki and Woo Hoo were not as happy as in those pics when I saw them . They had a right to be upset about the way things were handled . We said screw it for now and proceded directly into the park . While everyone was waiting in line we were actually sitting IN the Tiki Room enjoying it . We even went again later in the day . As we left there wasnt much but I got the Tiki room drummer box and Cindy got the fruit bowl so it all worked out for us . But I just couldnt believe how they made everyone wait so long . Soccer Tiki called me at 11 am and told us they just got done shopping . We had fun though .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-smith
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-22 8:18 pm   Permalink

I was there this morning as well, what a complete MESS!!!! We waited in line for over 45 minutes and didn't move ahead one inch. Luckily, I live about an hour from the park, so we cut our losses and got a refund for our tickets and left. I feel really bad for people that traveled from far away.
It was good to see the tiki spirit is alive and well, though!

View Profile of tiki-smith Send a personal message to tiki-smith  Goto the website of tiki-smith     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation