FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Disneyland Enchanted Tiki Room Art Event TODAY JUNE 22, 2008
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Disneyland Enchanted Tiki Room Art Event TODAY JUNE 22, 2008
coconutkiss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 8:29 pm   Permalink

Was there too-from about 7am-1pm. 98% of it waiting in line. Happy with what I got but noticed that on the back of the Tiki Room shadow box, it gives a little description and history of the item. Its for a Disneyland Halloween version, not the Tiki Room version. My cousin's had the same thing. I wonder if the entire shipment is that way. Oh well!

View Profile of coconutkiss Send a personal message to coconutkiss  Email coconutkiss Goto the website of coconutkiss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 10:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-22 15:55, Atomobile wrote:
Was there any additional merchandise there that is not pictured on the website?

I got the following bag that wasn't on the website:

Tag says it's an edition of 500.

I got the stuff I was looking for (and am on the list for the fountain that I really wanted - Big Thanks to whoever got that worked out!!).

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 10:44 pm   Permalink

Up until noon or so, they were only letting in groups of 5 people at a time (or so we heard from the back of the line, over by Tomorrowland!). In two hours, we went from near the entrance of Tomorrowland to where Main Street opens onto the circle. Whomever planned the event at D-land didn't seem to expect the number of folks who showed up.

Split and came back around 2:00, and only a handful of people in line, but still a lot of good stuff. Went back around 4:00, and most of the stuff was gone.

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 11:05 pm   Permalink

I too was in line today for about 6 hours. At about 12:30 a Disney Rep. walked down the line telling us they were so low on merchandise they stopped selling completely, but a 2nd truck load of stuff was on the way & close by. By 1:00 the line was moving again. I was inside the store shortly there after. I got everything I went for, but still no fountains. I went back into the park at 8:30 for the fireworks. I decided to go back to the store to see what was left & to my surprise all most all of the items were still there. The only thing I didn't see was the bag with bamboo handles. It looked like all the standard prints, glasses, shots, green bracelet, ornaments, pillow, t-shirt, & button up shirt were still being sold. So if you missed it maybe it will be available while supply lasts.

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilands
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-23 10:47 am   Permalink

I just called DeliverEars. I was able to get the purse, two aloha shirts, a rongo bowl, and a baby. So they still have many items. Expect to be on the phone oh hold for a while. The number is 800-3624533. As for the fountain they said to call back at the end of July to see if any are available. I am excited that I at least was able to get some items since I could not make it down there yesterday. Kind of glad I didn't after hearing what a mess it was.

View Profile of tikilands Send a personal message to tikilands  Email tikilands     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-06-23 10:57 am   Permalink

Agreed. The waiting in line thing sounds like it really sucked A$$. I was able to get everything I wanted with just a phone call!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 12:27 pm   Permalink

Bowls and Babies still available! ...a 45 minute wait on the phone and $50+ in shipping charges. Cool.

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 1:04 pm   Permalink

sounds like y'all had a BLAST!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 1:19 pm   Permalink

I waited an Hour on the Phone and they had everything I wanted but the Bracelet.

Beats a $250 plane trip and 5 or 6 hours of waiting inline.

[ This Message was edited by: princessP 2008-06-23 13:20 ]

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 1:39 pm   Permalink

test

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-23 1:53 pm   Permalink

Did we pass?

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 2:01 pm   Permalink

Scott and I went to see our pendants on display (Pele, Koro, Maui, Jose and the Monkey Drummers with the Tahitian pearl), and ended up leaving with the button down shirt and lucite bracelet. They were just so darn cute.

Saw a lovely lady purchase one of the Jose pendants (she also has the POC Moonlit Voyage Black Pearl pendant we did 2 years ago). Don't know how many sold. Pele, Koro, Maui and Jose are all $400 each, and the Monkey Drummers with the Tahitian Pearls are $600.

I'll post photos when I have a few extra minutes.

Jen

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 2:04 pm   Permalink

yes it was crazy all right, I thought I was doing quite well, got to the park before the parking attendants were even there(6:30 Am, got first row parking, 1st tram, 8th person in line from the gate. Then came the magic mornings people who they let in at 7AM while the rest of us waited till 8am to come, Instead of giving out wrist bands with numbers on then by the order of which you were waiting at the gate, it was like a horse race once the gates opened, everyone ran but us that couldn't because of knee problems. My 8th person in line at the gate got me 110th in line for merchandise, some guy in front of us counted. They did give rules though, you had to let the person in front of you take a break and let them back in line, no line holding, so that was nice. But you would think they would of had someone walking around selling drinks to us or something. Lucky for me my mom was with me & we took turns sitting down or walking. And the sun never hit that side of the street while we were in line, don't get me wrong it was plenty hot, so 10:44 I got in, got all my goodies, but they ran out of the tiki gods box set and told me to pay for it and come back in 2 hours, but would not have to wait in line again. so I went to check in packages, again a wait, I am on the wait list for the fountain, which is okay. But geez, that was horrible!

The merchandise is nice but the lucite bracelet clearly on the side very visible says made in china and there is no way to take it off! They glazed over it! Also the eyes are barely there, poor blind bird. The T-shirts ran small very. But the bowl is amazing, The tiki Babies awesome, The Button up shirt to die for, The pillow was a pleasant surprise, the tiki gods a joy, The prints very nice too. So all in all it was A + merchandise. They even let me use my annual pass discount coupon you get when you renew, so an added bonus. but lets face it on a hot day like yesterday, it wasn't a good idea, no amount could make me sell mine on ebay for the suffering I went through to get them.

They should of done it like they did at the shag party at Disneyland they did years ago, you pay $75 to attend the party, you get drinks, appetizers, a party with entertainment, a free souvenir photo, a free collector tile, and you got to pre-order your goodies as well as prepay and before you left you got in a small line, told them your name they had all my merchandise in a bag all ready to go. Simple fun and easy and no heat and no super outlandish lines. And you left with a happy feeling too! PS if you do call deliver ears it's about a hour wait. I had to call as they forgot to put some of the ceritificates that come with the merchandise in my products, so check yours they may not be there. All limited editions should have come with them, all of them, so double check.
oh one more thing, I think we all deserve a t-shirt that says "I survived the 45th tiki room aniversary product line and all I got was hot sweaty"

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 2:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-23 13:39, tiki-a-fair wrote:
test

Sorry I couldnt remember my pass word so I was making sure it worked, and I see it did, and yes every one passes. sorry about that, It's been a long time since I posted on here. Have a happy day!

Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 2:18 pm   Permalink

Sounds like h-e-doublet-toothpicks. Which bracelets are they out of? The lucite or the charm?

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation