FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Disneyland Enchanted Tiki Room Art Event TODAY JUNE 22, 2008
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Disneyland Enchanted Tiki Room Art Event TODAY JUNE 22, 2008
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 9:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-24 19:38, WooHooWahine wrote:
This is sickening!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disneyland-Tiki-Room-Enchanted-Fountain-45th-SIGNED-LE_W0QQitemZ190232216423QQihZ009QQcategoryZ1380QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Truly, a 100% scumbag...It's because of assholes like this I waited 4 hours in line just to have my name added to a list.

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 9:28 pm   Permalink

Well, I really don't want to add to the grumbling that's already been posted, but as an attendee of several Disneyland Merchandising Events over the years (Pirates, Haunted Mansion), Disneyland never seems to learn from their repeated mistakes. It seems every event is poorly planned and executed. But like a dope, I keep coming back.

I didn't get the item for which I stood in a three hour line to purchase, the 5 figure tiki god set. It sold out by the time I got into Disneyana at 10.45am.
The edition was 1,000 but apparently they only received about 100 sets. (Disneyland didn't bother to inform us of this, unlike the fountains) So I got to pay an extra 35.00 for shipping when I ordered it by phone the next day! That was the Happiest Phone Call on Earth!

I would think after repeated merchandising fiascoes, Disneyland would know to order the product with enough time to insure they have plenty on hand for the saps that are willing to stand in a three hour line to purchase it.

At least I have an annual pass, so I didn't have to pay to get into the park, plus the discount the pass provides.

But the Tiki Room 50th is only five years away... and the Haunted Mansion 40th is next year! They've got me hooked!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 10:56 am   Permalink

I totaly agree,it is bad that it's on ebay for that price, and the info in not correct, they had 60 of them not 20, I talked to a employee who took my credit card information for it, the new ones will be in 6 to 8 weeks, anyways for all of those who waited in line and dreamed of the fountain and where they would put it in there tiki bar and on a table, and then some money making greedy person buys it just for profit, shame on them!

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 11:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-24 21:28, tobunga wrote:
Well, I really don't want to add to the grumbling that's already been posted, but as an attendee of several Disneyland Merchandising Events over the years (Pirates, Haunted Mansion), Disneyland never seems to learn from their repeated mistakes. It seems every event is poorly planned and executed. But like a dope, I keep coming back.

I didn't get the item for which I stood in a three hour line to purchase, the 5 figure tiki god set. It sold out by the time I got into Disneyana at 10.45am.
The edition was 1,000 but apparently they only received about 100 sets. (Disneyland didn't bother to inform us of this, unlike the fountains) So I got to pay an extra 35.00 for shipping when I ordered it by phone the next day! That was the Happiest Phone Call on Earth!

I would think after repeated merchandising fiascoes, Disneyland would know to order the product with enough time to insure they have plenty on hand for the saps that are willing to stand in a three hour line to purchase it.

At least I have an annual pass, so I didn't have to pay to get into the park, plus the discount the pass provides.

But the Tiki Room 50th is only five years away... and the Haunted Mansion 40th is next year! They've got me hooked!

You should call back and get your shipping back you shouldnt of had to pay shipping at all. If you were in line and they ran out you were to get free shipping when it did come back in. As well they did run out at 10:45 but if you asked them they got more in later that day. you could of paid for it at the disneyana store and come back in 2 hours to pick it up. that is what I did. I feel for you I really do, that is not right. Tell them you were in line and you want a manager! Same goes for the fountain if you are on the list you get free shipping for that too.

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 11:06 am   Permalink

Stop giving Disney your money for product releases like this.. Stop waiting in line.. and Disney might stop handling events this way.. scumbags will stop seeing it as an opportunity to scalp.

I was at the event 5 years ago. It sucked... All the descriptions you all are providing of waiting HOURS and HOURS in line.. poorly planned.. running out of product... etc etc

I watched as people from the front of the line... tried scalping product to the people in the back of the line... and some people actually paid.....

ITS ALL THE SAME as it was 5 years ago.

Lust, Greed, Avarice...

I vowed NEVER to go back and do it ever again.... problem solved.

Easy

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 11:35 am   Permalink

Oh Monkeyman, if I only had your willpower...

Thanks for the advice tiki-a-fair!

Thanks for the suggestion... I already complained when I placed the order, but they said no... I could have gotten angry and cursed out the castmember, but he was just the phone guy.
The problem was I couldn't remember what the number of the edition was. If I had known for certain that 1,000 pieces couldn't have been sold in 3 hours, I would have made sure I got on some sort of list before I left Disneyana.

But honestly, the castmembers inside Disneyanna were extremely unhelpful. The only response I got was "That item is sold out." They must have known that the full order wasn't received, and that more were on the way, but they did not really seem very interested in providing good customer service, just get 'em in and out, make room for the next wave of suckers...

I passed Disneyana several times later that day, and there was always a huge line, and I didn't want to wait in it again, and I'm sure everyone would have been annoyed if I barged into Disneyana ahead of the line.

And it's not that I mind waiting in line... I met some really great tiki fans, and it's all sort of part of the experience, but the attitude of some of the castmembers is a little diheartening when you consider we're there waiting, and willing to pay for some cool stuff... just keep us informed of our options, and up to date info (the way the delt with the fountains, for example, was pretty good).

Oh well... maybe I'll call DelivEARs again and complain some more.

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 11:52 am   Permalink

Like Monkeyman, I was at the Tiki Room event 5 years ago too. These posts could just as well have been about that one. That year I got myself an annual pass and noticed that things that had run out (Shag shirts, etc) kept materializing throughout the year. Often different versions. I'll bet if people keep their eyes peeled some of these goodies and more will surface in the coming months. I'm still hoping for an affordable set of the tiki prints like the Shag prints last time around. It's hard to believe that with the obvious interest they haven't done that yet.

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 12:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-25 11:52, spy-tiki wrote:
Like Monkeyman, I was at the Tiki Room event 5 years ago too. These posts could just as well have been about that one. That year I got myself an annual pass and noticed that things that had run out (Shag shirts, etc) kept materializing throughout the year. Often different versions. I'll bet if people keep their eyes peeled some of these goodies and more will surface in the coming months. I'm still hoping for an affordable set of the tiki prints like the Shag prints last time around. It's hard to believe that with the obvious interest they haven't done that yet.

They had prints for $35 not too bad, they are quite nice, but they should make some more of the one of kind art they had, they were amazing.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 1:00 pm   Permalink

One bid
- its got a new home

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120275796190&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 1:25 pm   Permalink

Where you the lucky winner? It's such a nice one.

tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 1:27 pm   Permalink

sorry I just realized it isnt over yet, sorry about that. Well if your the bidder, I hope you win.

tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 1:38 pm   Permalink

It is over on the 29th, so we will see how much it goes for.

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 2:15 pm   Permalink

here is the link to the first merch release in September 2003.

just like it was yesterday... so many people moved on... no longer here.

Enchanted Tiki Room Event 2003

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2008-06-25 14:27 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-25 3:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-25 11:06, Monkeyman wrote:
Stop giving Disney your money for product releases like this.. Stop waiting in line.. and Disney might stop handling events this way.. scumbags will stop seeing it as an opportunity to scalp.

I was at the event 5 years ago. It sucked... All the descriptions you all are providing of waiting HOURS and HOURS in line.. poorly planned.. running out of product... etc etc

I watched as people from the front of the line... tried scalping product to the people in the back of the line... and some people actually paid.....

ITS ALL THE SAME as it was 5 years ago.

Lust, Greed, Avarice...

I vowed NEVER to go back and do it ever again.... problem solved.

Easy

I'm with you on that. I think Disney really takes advantage of it's many worshippers. Somehow I don't think that this is the kind of thing Walt had in mind when he created Disneyland...not to the extent that they've taken it to now, anyway.

I'm glad I'm not a Disneyphile.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 3:29 pm   Permalink

Me too!
i just wanna kick all those lanyard wearing pin collectors right in the BUTT!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation