[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Tikiaki Orchestra at Hukilau
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tikiaki Orchestra at Hukilau
Tiki Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 09:18 am   Permalink

Hats off to Jim and the whole Tikiaki Orchestra. These guys kicked it at the Hukilau. Jim also gets an A+ for marketing and packaging on the CD. A drink umbrella in the spine and a "place mai tai here" coaster inside. Brilliant!
Hope to see you guys next year.

Tiki Bill.

View Profile of Tiki Bill Send a personal message to Tiki Bill  Email Tiki Bill Goto the website of Tiki Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-22 09:31 am   Permalink

Thanx Bill !

It was great meeting you and your wife at Hukilau. So, get busy and let's hear that Tiki Bill Orchestra CD soon !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 10:15 pm   Permalink

I wish I could have been at Hukilau,
I was a bit bummed to have heard all the people talking so loudly in the video that was posted. I would think that they would have wanted to hear them better.
guess not.

I will be at the upcoming So. Cal. shows to help make up for it.

and Yeah Bill, where is the Tiki Bill Cd?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikigoob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 10:51 pm   Permalink

Jeff,
The sound of Tikiyaki Orchestra on Friday night at Hukilau was so amazing... and the fact that they were playing at a huge outdoor freaking pool party made it even better... The video does not do the performance justice... It was truly one of the many magical moments of Hukilau this year!

Their Saturday performance at The Mai Kai was equally as good but in more intimate quieter surroundings... They had 2 less orchestra members for that show though since the performance space was pretty much a 10 foot by 10 foot square in the center of a room...
Oh I did get to sit in with them to play Detroit Rock City during their soundcheck at the Mai Kai... Freaking Hilarious!!!

As for the Tiki Bill cd... I have a two song demo that Bill passed my way at Hukilau, and I can't wait to hear more...

Cheers!
Brian
The Intoxicators!

View Profile of Tikigoob Send a personal message to Tikigoob  Email Tikigoob Goto the website of Tikigoob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-23 11:03 pm   Permalink

Goob....

Check my location in my profile on here....

You Rule Bro....So, when are the Intoxicators doing Detroit Rock City ?

BTD....Don't know if you've been fortunate enough to hear the Intoxicators but, being the surf geek that you are, you will have a Cow...they are amazing.

You should have been at Huki to see them, but, you already know that

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikigoob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 11:57 pm   Permalink

Too funny... Exotica Rock City...

Don't know when we're gonna work up Detroit Rock City... Hopefully soon... all of our gear is piled up in our rehersal studio at the moment... haven't touched it since Hukilau...

Hey, a re-work of the Kiss tune Beth would make a killer exotica number come to think of it...
Maybe we need to put a cheesy "tribute" album together... Ha!

Hell... I'll buy just about any cheesy tribute album... My all time low was when I purchased "Strummin' With The Devil - A Bluegrass Tribute to Van Halen (featuring David Lee Roth)"

Oh well... I decree nothing but KISS on 8-Track at work tomorrow... and the Tikiyaki Orchestra 8-Track too... once my player breaks a splice amd eats through about half of the Destroyer album... remember those days....

Cheers!
Brian
The Intoxicators!

View Profile of Tikigoob Send a personal message to Tikigoob  Email Tikigoob Goto the website of Tikigoob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-24 07:54 am   Permalink

We actually have a cheezy lounge version of "Close to You" by the Carpenters in the works...It's really funny.

Brian, I didn't think you were old enough to have listened to KISS on 8 track !

I always had LP's and cassettes...never 8 tracks.

KISS rules.

Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 09:56 am   Permalink

And drinks and the Mai Kai...what could be better?!

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 10:46 am   Permalink

Yeah man, Tikiyaki Orchestra blew me away. I'm forever a fan now.
And yes, that was me who posted the vid of them in the "events" section. It was a spur of the moment thing. I was taking pics with a point and shoot, with video options...pretty darn good for a point and shoot camera...but HELL NO, not very professional. Enjoy it for what it's worth. Nick was doing a real HD video, soon to be seen on DVD...can't wait Nick!
Jim your stuff is awesome, I was hoping to meet you, but too much going on, too many drinks, too many people...so, next time! If ya ever need a drummer, or guitarist, or bassist let me know!!! ha.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wentiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-24 10:51 am   Permalink

Awesome show!

...but you know you should have bought the plate!

View Profile of wentiki Send a personal message to wentiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-24 11:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-24 10:51, wentiki wrote:
Awesome show!

...but you know you should have bought the plate!

Ahhhh...that was YOU in the gift shop. Yea, I SHOULD have bought the plate, but I was hemoraging money at that place. Best time I had in a long time tho'. The Mai Kai rules !

Thanx for the vid surfin tiki. Maybe you can jump in on a song next time. I thought the video sounded great actually....from a PHONE ? Damn ! Technology,man...crazy.

surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 3:28 pm   Permalink

Hoo hoo ha ha... I GET TO JAM with Tikiyaki Orchestraaaaaaaaaa. wooooooooooooooooooooo.
(I won't hold you to that.)
Seriously though, do I get to play your Gretsch??

[ This Message was edited by: surfintiki 2008-06-24 15:35 ]

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-25 5:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-24 15:28, surfintiki wrote:
Hoo hoo ha ha... I GET TO JAM with Tikiyaki Orchestraaaaaaaaaa. wooooooooooooooooooooo.
(I won't hold you to that.)
Seriously though, do I get to play your Gretsch??

[ This Message was edited by: surfintiki 2008-06-24 15:35 ]

Maybe I love that guitar.

surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 7:23 pm   Permalink

I'd love to get a classic old Gretsch, but I'd probably have to sell one of my american Strats to afford it...CANT do THAT! What model and year is yours? I was about to pickup one of those new Chinese ones (G5120) with the Bigsby on it, but then I'll just be wishing I got an American. Also needing a Jazzmaster! Hmmmm jazzmaster next, or Gretsch. Here's a video I just threw together, recorded on my mac. I'm not even done doing the final tracks, but I got so excited, I went ahead and did the video!... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l_bUFQ56eA
Tell me how much you love your Gretsch, and how much I need to get one!!!!!
Thanks for chattin!

tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-26 6:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-25 19:23, surfintiki wrote:
I'd love to get a classic old Gretsch, but I'd probably have to sell one of my american Strats to afford it...CANT do THAT! What model and year is yours? I was about to pickup one of those new Chinese ones (G5120) with the Bigsby on it, but then I'll just be wishing I got an American. Also needing a Jazzmaster! Hmmmm jazzmaster next, or Gretsch. Here's a video I just threw together, recorded on my mac. I'm not even done doing the final tracks, but I got so excited, I went ahead and did the video!... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l_bUFQ56eA
Tell me how much you love your Gretsch, and how much I need to get one!!!!!
Thanks for chattin!

Hee Hee....It's a Korean Made Electromatic I bought this year...retail price $599. I refuse to spend more than $1000 on a guitar. The guitar player from the Intoxicators tried it and wants to get one now.

Cool video. Can I make a request ? More reverb on the drums !

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation