FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » king kukulele presents the floating luau at the tonga hut
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
king kukulele presents the floating luau at the tonga hut
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 12:21 am   Permalink

Friday, June 27, 2008 8PM $5 Cover

King Kukulele presents the June destination of the Floating Luau, at the Tonga Hut. King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis will keep things lively as they play original Hapa Hole tunes and the standards. King is just back from performing in England, and bears gifts for all who come out to the show!

PLUS:

FREE Mahiki Rum tastings! Yes, the King has brought back Mahiki Rum from London. Be among the first Yankee Tiki-philes to sample Mahiki Rum, which only debuted one week ago at the Mahiki Mayfair in London. Papa Jules, creator of the Mahiki Rum, worked with Master Distiller Richard Seale, of Four Squares Distillery in Barbados, to create this Master-class rum.

PLUS:

FREE, to the first 25 Tiki-enthusiasts, a collectable 4-page booklet, featuring “How to Make Great Cocktails with Mahiki Rum”.

AND:

The Polynesian Paradise Dancers will woo the audience into a hypnotic Hula trance with their swinging hips and flowing hair! Akemi and her girls will dance once again to their signature song Polynesian Paradise.

AND:

Back by popular demand, an encore presentation of Johnny Halifax’s "Tiki Tiki Tiki". The film “Tiki Tiki Tiki” was filmed at the Kahiki. If you've heard King Kukulele’s song "Otto's Odyssey", then you've heard the line: “Halifax is filming for the BBC”. This is what Johnny Halifax was filming, and now you have the ultra rare opportunity to see "Tiki Tiki Tiki".

AND:

Ali Lexa, host of KPFK's Ukulele Spotlight, will sit in with the Friki Tikis, and fill us in about the upcoming Second Annual Southern California Ukulele Showcase.

We’ll see you at the Tonga Hut!!!

Tonga Hut
12808 Victory Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818) 769-0708

From Los Angeles, take the 101 N. to 170N/Hollywood Fwy, exit 8B, follow the signs for Vicotry Blvd W.

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 11:16 am   Permalink

How exciting is this, something new and refreshing coming our way. You sure will see us there...

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-23 6:50 pm   Permalink

Hopefully this Friday GROG not get as drunk as GROG got last Friday at the Tonga Hut.

(Damn you Kirby being designated driver---STOP ENABLING ME!!!!!!!)

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 5:51 pm   Permalink

sorry grog....next time you can drive,and Ill get f-d up and give out the free back rubs to the girls....
This is gonna be awesome I'm there for sure.. hope we can pack the place....see ya then...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 08:04 am   Permalink

I'd really love to be there, but that's the same night as Karghzu, the virtuoso Myposian bazlouki player is giving a recital. It'll be located at 12810 1/2 Victory Blvd. in North Hollywood and starts at 8:00pm. The cover is only $4.98. Should be a fantastic musical experience that should be missed by no living person! Karghzu has never played in North Hollywood before, so this really is an amazing opportunity. Again, sorry I can't make it to the Floating Luau, it really does sound like you've got a doozy planned.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 09:22 am   Permalink

Very Cool! We have dinner plans at 8 pm, but Jeff and I will be there afterwards with along with 2 friends.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 10:58 am   Permalink

I'm looking forward to seeing you all there. I think you'll like the US debut of Mahiki Rum. It is has never been tasted anywhere outside of England and I'm interested to hear what you think of it!

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 11:36 am   Permalink

Grog and Kirby! Remember its a sample! SAMPLE! You won't be getting smashed on our samples.

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 11:38 am   Permalink

Damn,
Ironically I will be at Taix for the Insect Surfers with JonPaul from tiki mag and tikiyaki fillin in on bass.
hows that for a weird twist of fate?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 12:20 pm   Permalink

Hey! Great to know about Taix restaurant! I'll try to make it over there after the Karghzu concert. Glad to know that Cheeky Girl, Jeff and two friends will be joining me for this very special performance, you'll love the sweet sounds of his Myposian bazlouki. Thanks King Kukulele for offering this thread for us to talk about our alternate plans! Wow!

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 12:23 pm   Permalink

Alternate plans be damned!
I was going out of town on Friday, but I just feverishly re-worked my weekend so I can attend this event! I'll be there AND be square! Woo-Hoo!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesian Pam

Posted: 2008-06-25 12:40 pm   Permalink

BettyBleu and I are "so there"!! Is it Friday yet???

View Profile of Polynesian Pam Send a personal message to Polynesian Pam  Email Polynesian Pam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-25 1:06 pm   Permalink

Myposian bazlouki? Is that anything like Vogon poetry?

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 1:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-25 13:06, PiPhiRho wrote:
Myposian bazlouki? Is that anything like Vogon poetry?

It is my understanding, that by sheer coincidence, Douglas Adams had been seen at several of Karghzu's rotating weekly shows in Pacoima, Tarzana and Rancho Cucamonga. The sweet sweet tones of his Myposian bazlouki can still be heard at one of these quad-monthly concerts... BUT this is his FIRST TIME performing in North Hollywood! Oh, the good luck! Thank you once again, King Kukulele for getting the word out to all the music lovers.

-Weird Unc

King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 2:34 pm   Permalink

You're welcome Weird Unc!

And to Tobunga, changing your travel plans will be rewarded. I'll be happy to see Polynesian Pam and BettyBleu...is PiPhiRo coming or not?

Thanks for supporting our Floating Luau!!

Gonna Have A Luau

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation