FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Thrillville's Elvis D-Day Luau, El Cerrito CA 8/14
Thrillville's Elvis D-Day Luau, El Cerrito CA 8/14
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 11:49 am   Permalink

THRILLVILLE'S ELVIS D-DAY LUAU
Hosted by Will the Thrill and Monica Tiki Goddess
www.thrillville.net

Featuring the King's Polynesian Pop classic BLUE HAWAII (1962, 35mm)
plus
Hula dancing by THE WIGGLIN' WAHINES live on stage

Thursday, August 14, 9:15, $9, 18+
(yea yea, I'll be hosting Tiki Oasis movie night too and I know some of you will already be in San Diego 8/14, what can ya do)

CERRITO SPEAKEASY THEATER
Food, booze, love seats
10070 San Pablo Ave El Cerrito CA
www.cerritospeakeasy.com

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 7:10 pm   Permalink

D@mmi#! I'll be at TikiO!!! Why do you do this to me, Will?!!!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 11:07 am   Permalink

Well, it's a personal vendetta, for one thing...actually,it's not up to me, it's up to the King, who decided to disappear on August 16, 1977, and I have to do my annual D-Day show during "Death Week" as a matter of principal (last year, the 30th anniversary, my show, which I do Thursdays, actually fell on August 16)... I asked Otto to move Tiki Oasis to the following or previous weekend to accommodate this fact, but he was already locked into a long term deal with the hotel. Now I have to haul ass that Friday and miss the meet and greet Thurs at Bali Hai. It sucks all around. But at least I will be hosting the Oasis flick ON D-Day and can throw some Elvisness into the zombie bill, which does work out, in a sick way. Aloha & TCB.

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-07 6:15 pm   Permalink

**BUMPSVILLE, CATS***

Just a reminder to anyone still in the Bay Area next Thursday...BLUE HAWAII is being presented in a superrare, archival
35mm print...it took a lot of trouble for me to locate and secure it, so I hope to see you there, if not, I'll see you at B Movie Nite next Saturday in San Diego - I EAT YOUR SKIN plus a half hour trailer reel combining zombie, tropical and Elvis movies....TCB & aloha

Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-07 6:23 pm   Permalink

Hey Hipster,
Care to enlighten us with some words of wisdom on the whole
slow moving zombies vs. fast moving zombies controversy on the Oasis thread? Thanks, Pally!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 12:43 pm   Permalink

I haven't tested this theory, but I'd guess rigamortis tends to neutralize the body's atheletic abilities. But I like all zombies. Slow ones creep me out, fast ones crack me up. Either way, a good time. Just like I dig all Elvis - young, skinny, fat, alive, dead. Elvis is undead.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation