[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Tiki Bar In A Suitcase
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Bar In A Suitcase
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 2:40 pm   Permalink

I got a big kick out of this photo of what looks to be a suitcase bar that's been re-modded to produce tropical-cocktails, complete with plastic Tiki mugs, and what appears to be a bottle of Trader Vic's Mai Tai mix partly visible on the left.

In case the image doesn't show up due to Tiki Central's current DNS issues, you can view it over at the wonderful vernacular photo site I ganked it from,
bighappyfunhouse.

Weblog: Eye of the Goof

[ This Message was edited by: MrBaliHai 2008-06-24 14:40 ]

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sandy4569

Posted: 2008-06-30 04:12 am   Permalink

Hey, that's cute! I want one of those

View Profile of sandy4569 Send a personal message to sandy4569      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-30 04:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-30 04:12, sandy4569 wrote:
Hey, that's cute! I want one of those

Me too, but I'd definitely stock it with better ingredients, and lose the crappy plastic mugs.

Not sure how to get all that liquid through the TSA security checkpoint at the airport though.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-03 8:22 pm   Permalink

I have this same portable bar and well, all that stuff won't fit in it. I am using it to guest bartend at a party Saturday and I'll have a picnic basket and cooler in tow for the overflow.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captnkirk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 08:00 am   Permalink

I have a portable tiki bar also, it folds flat to 2 inches thick.
It does not fit in a suitcase, but it is portable. You can take it camping or set it up in a hotel room easily. I set it up near my car, because I would not want to carry all the mixers, ice and alcohol very far.

Here is a picture from a recent camping trip.

View Profile of captnkirk Send a personal message to captnkirk  Goto the website of captnkirk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 7:49 pm   Permalink

You can find those sometimes at the thrifts for cheap.
I reupholstered mine with some faux leopard-skin & threw in some random bottles from the bar -

Think I should finally find some classier (?) glasses to go with it, I think...

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-13 8:19 pm   Permalink

CaptnKirk, love the folding Tiki Bar - what a cool idea!

(pssst - you might want to ditch the plastic Party City Tiki, I think you can get excommunicated for that! Just tell them you used it to keep your bar lightweight and portable so you could spread the joy of Tiki to the ends of the earth)

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2008-07-13 20:23 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Little fragrant Tiare
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 3:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-08 08:00, captnkirk wrote:
I have a portable tiki bar also, it folds flat to 2 inches thick.

REAL Cool! with this you`re well set up wherever you go!

http://amountainofcrushedice.blogspot.com/

[ This Message was edited by: Little fragrant Tiare 2008-07-14 15:20 ]

View Profile of Little fragrant Tiare Send a personal message to Little fragrant Tiare  Goto the website of Little fragrant Tiare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captnkirk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-23 04:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-13 20:19, MadDogMike wrote:
CaptnKirk, love the folding Tiki Bar - what a cool idea!

(pssst - you might want to ditch the plastic Party City Tiki, I think you can get excommunicated for that! Just tell them you used it to keep your bar lightweight and portable so you could spread the joy of Tiki to the ends of the earth)

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2008-07-13 20:23 ]

I am planning to to ditch the plastic tiki. However the tiki faithful have not complained yet! Once the get a look at the other side of the bar they get very quiet. After 3 or 4 perfectly mixed classic tiki drinks they forget to complain about the painted plastic tiki.

If you can not come to paradise, I will bring it to you.
- Don the Beachcomber

[ This Message was edited by: captnkirk 2008-07-23 04:10 ]

View Profile of captnkirk Send a personal message to captnkirk  Goto the website of captnkirk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-24 3:27 pm   Permalink

The guys in Sarong-O-Rama @ Hukilau this year had one complete with shaker & strainer, a lil ice bucket etc. It was soooo cool, they mixed some fun rum grog and even sliced a lime to squeeze in it and enjoyed a nice libation while showing off their fashionable threads...

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-27 11:07 am   Permalink

Here is mine.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-27 5:30 pm   Permalink

hiltiki- I wanna travel with you...

[ This Message was edited by: KuKu 2008-07-27 17:31 ]

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-28 11:09 am   Permalink

Here's my uke.
I like to practice a lot.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-28 4:45 pm   Permalink

And for you secret agent types this one comes with a cocktail shaker and two compartments for Gin and/or tonic, or maybe you can rig it up to self distruct for unauthorized useage.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikirose
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-13 5:26 pm   Permalink

Getting ready for Tiki Oasis, here is my version of the suitcase bar. Rum to arrive by safer method!!

View Profile of Tikirose Send a personal message to Tikirose      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation