FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events psycho beach party!this sunday july 20th pics up!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
psycho beach party!this sunday july 20th pics up!!!
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-18 02:17 am   Permalink

Got word that the bands are starting a little late, so all of you late-comers will still see a show.

Also, Thomas, yeah.......you busted me. I was going to pack a tuna sandwich for lunch!

This going to be a GREAT event and there will be at least two San Diego Tiki Carvers there, doing carving demos(Thomas and myself). I'll also have some of my surfboard blanks there for sale.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-19 6:51 pm   Permalink

so i just need to show up at 2 right? or do you want me to be there earlier to set up n stuff

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-19 10:53 pm   Permalink

Between 12 and 1 or so is when I'm getting there. I need to make sure I have the right space.

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-20 11:25 pm   Permalink

today was radd billy, thanks for getting a chop to be part of it. all the bands were really killer too. meet big tiki dude and some other tikiphiles

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 02:28 am   Permalink

GRIMACE!!!!

Or is that a purple durka.....

I'll post more pics here when I get over my zombification, but you can see them all here until then...

Monsters from Mars

SurfsideIV(showstoppers!)

Zombie Surf Camp(kickass surf/grind/garage)

TCers

Big Tiki Dude, Ran, and Pineapple Man, it was great to meet you and thanks for making the trek

Thomas, Trav, Buzzy, and Zaya, thanks for keeping San Diego tiki alive!

Camm, we missed you!

[ This Message was edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-07-21 03:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-07-21 03:29 ]

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 06:37 am   Permalink

Now THATS a Par-tay!!!!!!!!!

How come none of those punk-ass Punkers ever thought of using a chainsaw onstage before??????

Monsters From Mars - Yow.

And where does Thomas git those cool shirts? I'll tell him where he can get Godzilla ones of he tells me where he gets German Sci-Fi ones.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sofa King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 10:49 am   Permalink

Wow,
What a fun show, I had a blast.

All the bands were right-on for my taste(or lack of).
Surf garage tunes, PBR, and killer tiki artist throwing it down, what a great way to spend a Sunday. I'd like to thank Billy, the bands, and everyone else who made it happen. Good Job! I realize these things take a bit of effort.

The only thing that could have improved the whole experience would have been MORE COW BELL!!

Now I'm really amped for T.O.

Seriously, I completely enjoyed myself thanks again to all that make it happen.

Sofa King
(Nick)

View Profile of Sofa King Send a personal message to Sofa King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 11:12 am   Permalink

Hey All,
I'm glad I came down for part of the days/evenings festivities.

sorry for being late, but thanks for delaying thins a bit for me.
I was at the Huntington Beach Surfing Museum watching 3 SD area surf bands till 4:30 pm. then jammed down, I think it took me a bit over an hour,
new time record?

all the bands sounded great.
and the Hula/burlesque dancers were a great addition too.

Nice tiki's Billy.

Trav.
read your PM's ya bloody bastard.

hope to see more cool events at the tower bar.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 12:58 pm   Permalink

I think SurfsideIV is my favorite new surf band. They freakin' stole the show:

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 1:25 pm   Permalink

well Hula go go girls sure does help to make a surf band more watchable.
not that I didn't like the band,
but you get what I mean.
good to see/meet everybody down in SD.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 6:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

And where does Thomas git those cool shirts? I'll tell him where he can get Godzilla ones of he tells me where he gets German Sci-Fi ones.

thanks camm, its actually in english, the font is kinda sci-fi so it looks hard to read from a distance. its actually a shirt i designed for the surf band of time travelers, the tomorrow men

tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-24 6:51 pm   Permalink

I went down to KCR radio today to see the surf side IV play live in the studio. they were once again, killer. I also did a little interview on air with Clint, i did a little add for tiki oasis, told everyone to come on down and have a mai tai and have some fun, and told them the info and stuff. we also talked about you billy, one of the surf side 4 guys said "Billy the Crud rocks!, if i had any money i would totally buy one of his tikis, unfortunately i am in an instro surf band" clint also asked me about my band, my tikis and my graphic design company. i had a blast, cant wait for the next in studio surf performance

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation