advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki disney mug
disney mug
rock lava tiki

Posted: 2008-06-26 2:30 pm   Permalink

On a recent trip to Goodwill I found the following mug. It has a slightly faded disney sticker on the back. I have no mugs that match this nor have I seen any ones like this one anywhere. Does anyone have an idea about when this was in production or sold at Disneyland?

View Profile of rock lava tiki Send a personal message to rock lava tiki  Email rock lava tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 9:25 pm   Permalink

Hi Rock Lava- your tiki mug is a Paul Marshall Product (PMP) mug. It can be found in Duke Carter's Tiki Quest book on page 32. The Disneyland sticker appears to be the type the park was using in the early 1960's. At that time the merchandise buyers would purchase generic items and stick a sticker on them. Viola- a souvenir from Disneyland. It is a very nice mug and I would be interested in it if you want to get rid of it as it matches both my Disneyland and Tiki collecting.

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation